Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Web Cam Beta Preview Blank Windows 10

[ New ]

I'm a computer support personnel for an individual using a GoPro hero8 as a web cam via the new desktop beta app on Windows 10. We have updated to the latest available firmware and software, but the preview is a blank white or black screen. This computer is a domain joined and managed machine.

With the most recent version of the GoPro software, Version 1.0.0.266 Beta 6, we were able to get things working but with a very strange workaround:

1. Ensure that the GoPro software is running and the camera is plugged in.
    • The tray icon should have the blue dot, indicating the camera is detected. 
    • Typically it's running and can be seen in task manager, but the system tray icon is not there. Clicking the software in the start menu does not solve this, and the only way we can get the system tray icon showing is to click "end task" in the task manager, which doesn't actually kill the task.
  2. Connect to our Cisco AnyConnect VPN
  3. Disconnect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN
  4. Relaunch the GoPro application, typically requires ending the task in task manager again.
  5. Right click the GoPro system tray icon and click preview.

Is there anyone who can explain this behavior and how to get things working in a more efficient way?

Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Web Cam Beta Preview Blank Windows 10

[ New ]

I am having same problem witth Zoom 5.3.2 .  Blank Preview screen in Zoom.  Beta 1.0.0.266   Windows 10 1909 18363.1016.

No VPN, no domain login.  GoPro 8 is showing in WebCam mode on  front and rear display.  CPU goes to 100% when GoPro Webcam is selected.

CPU

Sightseer

[ New ]
Does anyone have the same experience as me? I can't run webcam software, and my system is also windows10. What's wrong with it
Sightseer

[ New ]
I can't run webcam software, and my system is also windows10. What's wrong with it,thank you