Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

GoPro HERO8 not detected by GoPro Webcam app

[ New ]

Downloaded the GoPro Webcam app, and connected my HERO8 via the cable that came with it, but the blue dot doesn't show up. I've tried disconnecting and re-connecting and turning the Hero8 off and back on but the issue has persisted.

I'm running Catalina 10.15.6.

All the USB ports on my iMac are 3.0.

HERO8 is on latest firmware.

Anyone have any other ideas I could try to get it to work?

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 8.28.42 PM.png
Sightseer

Re: GoPro HERO8 not detected by GoPro Webcam app

[ New ]

I'm having the exact same issue, but my OS is 10.13 (High Sierra)

Tourist

[ New ]

Did you ever get this fixed. I am having the same problem... and support tells you to do all the obvious steps to connect and they do not work.

Sightseer

[ New ]

My gopro9 is not being detected by the gopro webcam app either. I am using Mac High Sierra. I contacted support and sent a video of the issue. Anyone know anything? Please let me know if you do.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I´m having exactly the same problem but in windows 10. Cut you get fixed the app or something??

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

I also had the same issue but restarting solved my problem once...but now again it is being detected in USB MODE!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hola,

Acabo de comprarme una GoPro Hero 9 y no me la reconoce mi macbook pro con High Sierra.

Tengo instalado el software de GoPro Webcam y he seguido todos los pasos pero no consigo que me la detecte ni en modo GoPro Connect (modo webcam) ni en modo de transferencia de archivos MTP.

Alguién me puede ayudar? La GoPro 9 la tengo actualizada y la aplicación que me descargué es la que viene en la página de GoPro.

Ya la desinstalé y la volví a instalar pero sigue sin reconocerla el mac y la cámara se queda en estado USB CONECTADO.

Si no consigo que me funcione en modo Webcam procederé a devolverla porque es uno de los motivos por lo cual la he comprado.

Gracias,

Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem here. mac os 10.14.6 mojave