Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Hiker

Re: GOPRO withe microsoft teams and Skype

[ New ]
Fantastic! Many thanks Yemsky - that worked for me :)

Skype seems to have the same problem - would the same process work for that do you think?
Hiker

[ New ]

I honestly don't know whether it would work for Skype as I don't use it on my Mac.

Please report back once you tried it for MS Teams and let us know whether it resolved the problem for Skype as well.

Hiker

[ New ]

It definitely works for Teams, but not for Skype - I'm guessing the same sort of process would though if it was configured for Skype.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you! I had the same issue. running these commands in Terminal worked!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

I have this same issue - I followed your nstructions and now HAVE my Hero 9 working as a webcam with MS Teams, thank you.

Now I want to get it working with Skype.

I am not a coder, but I tried to use Terminal, and modify the 'Microsoft' string you showed for Teams to Skype

sudo codesign -remove-signature "'Applications/Skype.app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper.app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (GPU).app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Plugin).app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Renderer).app"

After entering the first string above, I entered my password, but Terminal app returns some error about usage, which I do not understand:

sudo codesign -remove-signature "'Applications/Skype. app Password: Usage: codesign identity [-fv*] [-o flags] [-r reqs] -ident] path # sign codesign -V [-v*] [-R=<req string>|-R ‹req file path>] path| [+ ]pid ••• # verify codesign -d [options] path # display contents codesign -h pid # display hosting paths normanrouse@ Normans-MBP ~ %

I know that there are four files in the Skype/Contents/Frameworks folder that have to be unsigned to make Skype accept an external GoPro camera as a Webcam...

Skype Helper

Skype Helper (GPU)

Skype Helper (Plugin)

Skype Helper (Renderer)

As I say, I am not a prgrammer or coder, but any help would be much apprciated, thank you.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi 

The error is because of a syntax error in the instructions - namely you need a double dash rather than a single before the remove-signature instruction.  This worked for me:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (GPU).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Plugin).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Renderer).app"

Also with the latest update to Teams on MacOS I found I needed to run the instructions again for Teams including all the 4 helpers like this:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (GPU).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Plugin).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app"

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ian

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you - all working now
Sightseer

[ New ]

This worked for me BUT - I had to follow the updated instructions on the page linked to by the (very helpful) Mr Yemsky Smiley Happy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/microsoft-teams-mac-os-client-is-not-recognizi...