Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GOPRO withe microsoft teams and Skype

Fantastic! Many thanks Yemsky - that worked for me :)

Skype seems to have the same problem - would the same process work for that do you think?
Highlighted
Hiker

I honestly don't know whether it would work for Skype as I don't use it on my Mac.

Please report back once you tried it for MS Teams and let us know whether it resolved the problem for Skype as well.

Highlighted
Hiker

It definitely works for Teams, but not for Skype - I'm guessing the same sort of process would though if it was configured for Skype.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you! I had the same issue. running these commands in Terminal worked!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi

I have this same issue - I followed your nstructions and now HAVE my Hero 9 working as a webcam with MS Teams, thank you.

Now I want to get it working with Skype.

I am not a coder, but I tried to use Terminal, and modify the 'Microsoft' string you showed for Teams to Skype

sudo codesign -remove-signature "'Applications/Skype.app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper.app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (GPU).app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Plugin).app"

sudo codesign -remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Renderer).app"

After entering the first string above, I entered my password, but Terminal app returns some error about usage, which I do not understand:

sudo codesign -remove-signature "'Applications/Skype. app Password: Usage: codesign identity [-fv*] [-o flags] [-r reqs] -ident] path # sign codesign -V [-v*] [-R=<req string>|-R ‹req file path>] path| [+ ]pid ••• # verify codesign -d [options] path # display contents codesign -h pid # display hosting paths normanrouse@ Normans-MBP ~ %

I know that there are four files in the Skype/Contents/Frameworks folder that have to be unsigned to make Skype accept an external GoPro camera as a Webcam...

Skype Helper

Skype Helper (GPU)

Skype Helper (Plugin)

Skype Helper (Renderer)

As I say, I am not a prgrammer or coder, but any help would be much apprciated, thank you.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi 

The error is because of a syntax error in the instructions - namely you need a double dash rather than a single before the remove-signature instruction.  This worked for me:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (GPU).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Plugin).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/Frameworks/Skype Helper (Renderer).app"

Also with the latest update to Teams on MacOS I found I needed to run the instructions again for Teams including all the 4 helpers like this:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (GPU).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Plugin).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app"

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ian

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you - all working now
Highlighted
Sightseer

This worked for me BUT - I had to follow the updated instructions on the page linked to by the (very helpful) Mr Yemsky Smiley Happy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/microsoft-teams-mac-os-client-is-not-recognizi...