Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Highlighted
Tourist

GOPRO withe microsoft teams and Skype

Dear all

Dear GOPRO

I am not able to use the Hero 8 as a webcam on microsoft teams and on skype. D you have any suggestions ?

thank you in adavance

Gabriele

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GOPRO withe microsoft teams and Skype

Update.

GoPro Webcam works ot Teams with a macbook air 2015 (Catalina 10.15.6), but it doesn't work with a macbook pro 2018 (Catalina 10.15.6). GoPro webcam doesn't work over skype in both Macs. I don't really understand why.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have the same issue.  it was working a week ago with MSTeams but the camera is no longer visible under the MS Teams Camera option. All i see is the Built-in camera.  Camera access is enabled, and no other App is using the GoPro.  Also, the GoPro8 Webcam works fine with Zoom.  Just not with MSTEAMS.

Richard

Highlighted
Hiker

On your newer TB3 MacBook Pro, go into Settings >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy tab >> Camera >> make sure the box is checked for MS Teams. Teams initially showed nothing but black until I checked the box and relaunched Teams.  Security & Privacy

Highlighted
Hiker

did the permission thing several times, rebooted, re-installed Teams and still no access. Only option is Built in Retina. it was working 2 weeks ago.
Highlighted
Tourist

I had a similar problem and uninstalling and re-installing of the TEAMS app was the solution. Give it a try!
Highlighted
Hiker

Same problem here on an iMac in middle of September 2020. GoPro works as a webcam, I can see the preview in the GoPro software; I did the Permission thing, all kinds of reboots and reconnections, but the camera does not show in the MS Teams App.

Highlighted
Hiker

OK, here's the solution:

First, completely exit out of Teams, then open Terminal on your Mac and issue the following commands:

If you havent installed xcode previously, first run:

xcode-select --install

Then, run:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app"

(you will have to enter your Mac's PW)

and then:

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app"

Once you've issued those commands, open up Teams.  It should ask you for an administrator password to allow the (now) unsigned application to access your keychain.  Once entering your password and selecting, "Always Allow", the issue should be resolved. (At least until the next update to teams is released).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/microsoft-teams-mac-os-client-is-not-recognizi...