Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Freeze, Pause or Crash

[ New ]

I realize its beta software, so I am just reproting my experiences; however, the last few days it has either frozen, paused or crashed during every attempt at using the webcam with ZOOM. I havent made it through an entire meeting yet. I had to transition to the Macbook laptop camera.

Could the USB-C hub be the issue? I dont have a complacated setup, GoPro Hero 8 --> USC-C cable --> USB-C hub (Aukey CB-c71) --> Macbook 13-inch (2016).

Suggestions?

GoPro

Re: Freeze, Pause or Crash

[ New ]

Can you try taking the hub out of the picture and seeing if it resolves?  I doubt that's the issue but it will at least eliminate that as a problem.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try removing the hub from the arrangement and I didn't notice an appreciable difference. And, its not ideal without the hub, as then the GoPro and laptop are both on battery.

There seems to be some latency issues regardless of my setup.

Is there an "optimal" setting for using the GoPro as a webcam in the ZOOM settings? For example, camera ratio, enabling HD, touch up appearance, and also under advanced, de-noise, or hardware acceleration; of these, for optimal performance, which should be checked or not?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the exact same problem. Only about 10 mins after Zoom start with GoPro Hero 8 as the webcam, my Macbook Air start frozen. An error message pop up with somthing like "ran out of memory" and then Zoom stop working. 

This may be issue with Zoom App which doesn't work with GoPro Hero 8 well or they are not compatible? Appreciate any solution or hints.