Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

FW v2.0 for Mac - Webcam only works for Zoom

[ New ]

Just like the beta, the camera appears in the Zoom dropdown and works perfectly.  But it doesn't even appear as a selectable in OSX Teams app (I tried also via Firefox and Chrome browsers).  All my calls are on Teams!

Tourist

Re: FW v2.0 for Mac - Webcam only works for Zoom

[ New ]

I have a similar issue see this post: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Webcam/GoPro-Webcam-not-working-in-Firefox-on-MacOS/td-p/701169...

I can successfully use it in Zoom, but not in Firefox.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have a macmini that I usually don't use for conferencing, but the webcam feature seemed so cool.  Well, even though my late 2012 mac mini has USB 3.0, 16G of Ram and reasonable 2.5 GHz dual core i5 horsepower, the performance running Zoom several times left too much to be desired.  Glitchy video, which seems better when running at 720p.  But then, the whole computer would frequently freeze, mouse detection get screwed up and once crashed completely.  When you add to that an hour or more spent trying to figure out why my camera no longer connected to Image Capture or GoPro Quik, I have utterly trashed the notion of using a "virtual webcam" and decided I liked the idea enough to buy a real web cam for my set up.  Crazy buggy software, GoPro - yes indeed a real "beta".  At least finding the new distinction in USB  modes that version 2.0 software brings allows me to go back to using the camera the way I had been.  The true beta nature of this, plus the implications of USB modes that must be different for normal connection vs. WebCam connection ought to be a lot more front and center.

-Jeff

Nomad

[ New ]

I look at it this way its a action camera and the best one out there for that matter. They "Added a bonus" to be able to use it as a webcam for some applications "Still being sorted out due to third party people like Microsoft,google,zoom,etc updated thier firmware correctly to allow the webcam feature truly work" its not completely GoPro's fault and it will get better. Its a free bonus people stop whinning as this is a action camera not a webcamera. We are lucky to get a perk out of the deal give them time to get it work properly and for those other companies to do their part to make this webcam feature work properly.