Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Tourist

Everytime GoPro connects as webcam, it shows up as a "new" entry on the Network Settings panel (Mac)

[ New ]

I reached out to support (as many of us have), and so far no one I've spoken with has been able to help (or even seems to understand what I'm talking about). 

I am using a Hero 9 as a webcam with a MacOS 11 (all firmware/webcam software is up-to-date), and while it does connect as a webcam, each time I "connect" my GoPro to the computer (aka turn it on), it creates a new entry in the Network Settings page within System Preferences:

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 9.48.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-08 at 10.11.23 AM.png

Have other people experienced this? With the Hero 9 being marketed as a webcam (which is part of the reason I bought it), you'd think they'd work this out. I'm currently up to 52 unique "HERO9" entries.

As a note, I've done extensive troubleshooting, so if anyone cares for a breakdown of everything I've tried, I'd be happy to share.