10-30-2020 03:12 AM
Constant connection problems[ New ]
We have noticed that there are always connection problems with the GoPro Hero 8 Black when used as a webcam. Our laptops run Windows 10 and also have USB 3.0 ports. In addition, we use the latest GoPro Webcam App (beta 7 - GoPro.Webcam-188.8.131.527.msi) and have also updated the firmware of the GoPro Hero 8 Black to the latest version (version 2.01).
When using the GoPro Hero 8 Black as a webcam, the following problems occur again and again:
- The preview window shows a green screen or only the GoPro still image.
- If you close the GoPro app manually, the task will still continue to run in the background.
- If you restart the GoPro Webcam app, two tasks are suddenly running in the background. The webcam icon is no longer displayed in the system tray.
- Only if you close all tasks manually via Windows Task Manager and restart the GoPro app the icon will appear in the system tray again.
- Sometimes you have to plug the GoPro Hero 8 Black into a different USB port for it to work. Even though all USB ports are the same (3.0).
- When you finally get the webcam working, it seems that it only works via Chrome web browser. Almost all apps like Teams, Bluejeans, Camtasia, etc. do not recognize the webcam.
With such an expensive premium product like the GoPro Hero 8 Black, one would expect that such functions work smoothly. We are expecting an urgent update from GoPro in this matter.