Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Webcam
Sightseer

Connecting GoPro Hero8 Black to PC causes WiFi on PC to automatically turn off

[ New ]

I'm using the latest version of the GoPro webcam utility for Windows (v1.0.0.307), and I can successfully use my GoPro Hero 8 Black as a webcam after connecting the camera to my PC using a USB cable.  However, as soon as I plug my camera into my PC, WiFi will automatically be turned off on my PC.  If I try turning it back on from my PC it won't work, and it will immediately disable WiFi again.  This makes the webcam utility unable to be used for web conferences / video calls since I either have to choose between using the GoPro as a webcam without internet, or having internet without the GoPro connected.  

This same GoPro works fine as a webcam on my other laptop (it doesn't automatically cause WiFi to get disabled), so this is likely specific to the laptop PC that I'm using.

Has anyone else run into this issue?  Does anyone have suggestions on how I might fix this?  

gopro.png
Sightseer

Re: Connecting GoPro Hero8 Black to PC causes WiFi on PC to automatically turn off

[ New ]

Hi there.

I'm having the exact same problem.

Using GoPro Webcam software for Windows (version 1.0.0.307). The GoPro uses the latest firmware (02.01). The camera is found by the computer and I can show the preview with no problem.

My desktop computer is running Windows 10 Pro version 2004. On this computer, Windows keeps the wifi connection while I'm using the GoPro as a webcam, but on my laptop (running Windows 10 Education, version 2004), Windows disables WiFi once I connect the GoPro to the USB. I've tried forcing WiFi back on, but is only turns on for 3 seconds, then it disconnects again. If I remove the GoPro from the USB, Windows reconnects to WiFi within seconds.

There is little point in having a webcam when the computer is no longer connected to the internet. 

Sightseer

Re: Connecting GoPro Hero8 Black to PC causes WiFi on PC to automatically turn off

[ New ]
I have the same issue... anyone solve this??
Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue here, but with Hero9. It's obviously impossible to use the camera as a webcam if I can't have a wifi internet connection live when the camera is connected.... 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having the exact same issue with the GoPro Hero 9?  Any solution on this issue?  

I am trying to use it as a webcam on a work computer and when my internet disconnects I get a system admin message that says security settings will not allow dual WiFi connection from two sources at once. 

I reset all WiFi settings on the GoPro without reconnecting it to my home network and I am getting the same issue.