Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Tourist
Separate Battery Expansion Module?

I bought a  hero 9 recently, wanting to have it on all of my road and off road cycle rides.  Most last for 1Hr 30mins.  Some for 2 hours and others for 4 hours.

I finished my first 1 hr 30 with the go pro today.  When I stopped I discovered I only had 10% battery left ☹.  Now I get it that I can buy more batteries etc, but to stop a ride (especially if wet or mucky) pull out a battery and replace the other is a pain that I had not bargained for – my bad I know I should  have checked the battery standby times before purchasing…  I have switched off all non essential services, it is just operating as a camera.

Does anyone make a housing that allows a USB power connection while riding, yet keeps the go pro dry?  This USB cable would plug into a much larger battery pack, either in the bike or in a pocket somewhere.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

John

Tourist
Re: Separate Battery Expansion Module?
[ Edited ]

Well i found a hopusing to accomodate a remote USB battery pack, and it works realy well.  It's just not water proof, but certainly rain proof: -

3BR Powersports | Baryl Power Ports | Power Sport Vehicles - Snowmobile, Motorcycle, Adventure Bike,...

Issues i have now are that to run seperate battery and film i have to take the battery out. Which is fine, i undrestand maybe issues with overheating otherwise.

But... Now it wont let me uplaod to the  cloud unless i put the battery back in.  So now i will have to keep stripping the unit down puttng eth batteru in etc etc.  Whiah again is a pain...

Sure i could just upload to PC via USB, then to cloud, but it is more time more hastle, less cyber secure and interuptable with PC power save...  Be great if they just had an optiopn to upload with or without battery fitted.

John

Explorer
Why not just connect to the mobile app and then allow it to upload to cloud?
Tourist

I have not tried and am in the middle of an upload at the moment so don't want to disturb.  But i am pretty sure the mobile app will just mimic the go pro, and will not allow me to upload to the cloud unless you have Power and battery connected at the same time.  If it will; then yea, agree that could be a way.  But support never mentioned that as a possible solution when I spoke to them the other day.