Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
New Member - New to GOPRO 9

Hi folks,

I have just bought my GOPRO HERO 9 and have had it a few days,

just getting familar with it. 

I am sure I will be a regular on this group looking for help 

all take care and stay safe 

v/r 

George in Akron OH

Tourist
Re: New Member - New to GOPRO 9

Hi, hope to learn together how to use Gopro9!

PL

Hiker
Awesome. Just getting out and doing stuff with it is the best way to learn. I'm still learning how to improve using my Hero 8.
Explorer
Great to have you all!

There is a lot of good information out there, and a lot of bad. To help you weed through it, the best suggestion I can give you is to ignore any videos talking about "cinematic" settings and especially ND filters and the 180° shutter rule. There is a time and place for it, but mostly it will just cause you to ruin your videos and seriously degrade the camera's ability to implement hypersmooth stabilization.

I did a write up for a question on the HERO7 that had a lot of information that is relative to the HERO8 & 9 as well. Most importantly, it includes links to Abe Kislevits site (Actual GoPro media creator) that goes into detail about all GoPro cameras and how to get the most out of them. As a bonus, at the end I also provide links to free video editors.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/First-time-GoPro-user/m-p/309317#/M86974
Hiker
Solid Info. Thanks for the share.
Sightseer

I look forward to following along and learning how to use mine as well. 

Thankks!

Sightseer

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and my first ever GoPro which is a black 9.  I have tried and tried but I cannot seem to connect the GoPro to the internet to upload media.  I get an error message saying the internet was interupted.  I have reset to factory settings and tried it three times now.  Any ideas on what I am going wrong.  (I have downloaded the GoPro Quik from Google Play.  Is there other software that might assist?

Sightseer

Have you set up the camera to auto-upload? If yes, try going to "connections" on the camera and verify the wi-fi connection. Mine won't work unless I set it to 2.4ghz. Once the auto upload is set up the camera does it automatically while it's recharging the battery. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello everyone. I'm Tony from NYC. Also new to the GoPro Hero 9 community. Looking forward to sharing tips, tricks and any other advice to help us all enjoy our cameras to the fullest. Stay safe, and well

Tourist

Hi everyone I am also new to the GoPro 9 so looking forward to getting some hits and tips and advice please