Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Tourist
Motion Blur gopro 4 silve (even with gimble)

Hello All

I have been recording party video for birthday and our vacation video using a gimble. Most of the time is 2K at 23fps and last one i did was 29.9 fps but it seems that when i pan the camera or gimble from left to right OR up to down or vice versa there seem to be motion blur and the faces gets blurried.

How can i avoid that. Is there an optimal settings or another resolution i need to use for it. My style of recording is such that i pan sideways a lot as most ppl do and i see many videos on youtube filmed with gopro doing panning and fast motion recording and still very sharp. 

I havent been able to get lot of help on it and if some can help with the optimal settings i can really appriciate it please

thank you

Tulan

Explorer
Re: Motion Blur gopro 4 silve (even with gimble)
To get shaper images, you will want to increase your frame rate and/or shutter speed. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to elaborate right now, but to keep it simple, think of it this way: Slower fps and shutter for low light and increased motion blur, faster for and shutter for action and good lighting.