Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Tourist
Media Upload and acessing form website

Hi

I did an hour and a half of footage yesterday on my bike, it took all day and night to upload. When i try and access it on the website i just get a spinning circle and no way of playing nor manipulating it.

Is the file too large? If so what is the intended use of the online area that we pay for if we cannot stream large amounts of content?
Maybe I am using it wrong, so if there is a how to video someone could point me to that would be great also please.
Cheers

John

Tourist
Re: Media Upload and acessing form website

The limitation is probably your internet upload speed. Whe I upload to the cloud it takes a while and it can only be done reliable at home. I was travelling last week and the camera SD card was full, the most practical way I found to transfer the files was to connect the SD card to the computer. I am just learning the nuances of the gopro world.

Sightseer

I also am new to GoPro and have had issues in uploading videos to the Cloud via the subscription.

Yesterday when I was attempting to upload to the cloud, I plugged in my gopro at home, open up quk on my iPad and saw on the home page new footage available. When I selected this it began the upload and I received a message saying the upload had stopped as there was not enough space on my device.

I guess my question is, where can I find a step by step instructions on how to upload only to the cloud. I agree with previous comments, paying for the subscription was for uploading unlimited footage without worrying about space on a computer or iPad.

Also, If I select auto upload, do I need to do anything to get the footage to upload to the cloud?

Explorer
You can set up auto upload to the cloud directly from the camera with the Quik app. However, the message you saw was most likely the auto detection of new media which then prompts you to upload to the app. These are not the same thing.

Auto upload to the cloud will occur after you've connected the camera to your home WiFi network. Initially you create the pairing with the Quik app, but once done, the camera will automatically send new media to the cloud while the camera is charging.

Helpful tips to ensure auto upload works:
1) Plug the camera into a wall charger which provides 5V 1-2A and it's near your home WiFi router.

2) If you have dual band Wifi and have issues with either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, switch the wifi band in your camera and set up your auto upload again using the same WiFi band coming from the router.

3) If you can, keep the camera away from other electrical devices while it charges and uploads your media to the cloud.
Sightseer

Thank you, Daniel.

if I then understand your post, once I plug in my camera to power and open the app, connect to wifi, the process of auto upload begins on its own?

Tourist
Battery has to be very highly charged, and the PSU plugged in at the same time. The feature is very hit and miss, probably due to battery levels. I always jump to manual upload and start it manually - at least you know it has started. From the main screen, swipe down, then swipe to the left, then select preferences, then select manual upload.
Explorer
Not exactly.
You need to use the Quik app the first time to set up the connection between your camera and home WiFi connection. After that, all you will need to do is plug the camera in and it will take care of the rest (as long as there is new media recorded to the camera).

You'll want to read all of the info on this page
https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Auto-Upload-Your-Footage-To-The-Cloud/ta-p/388304