Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Tourist
Hero 7 External mic issue

Hello everyone, 

I have 2 GoPros (5 Black and 7 Black) to run my Vlog, also I bought this Movo VXR10 that was super recommended by the community. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0723D3FVL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This Mic comes with 3.5mm TRS Output Cable (For DSLR Cameras, Camcorders, Recorders), 3.5mm TRRS Output Cable (For Smartphones, Tablets, and Mac). No matter what both cameras gives me a LOOOOOOOOT of crackling sound recording inside or outside. Quiet or Loud places.

First I tought was the cable adapter so I quickly bought a second one, so now I have 2 Mic Adapter (official goPro products) and both of them are giving me the same results.

I tried every possible setup on the camera (Standard Audio, Standard + etc). I'm browsing solutions on the last 24h and I found a couple informations in here but not sure what to do yet. 

I'd appreciate tips and hints to solve my isssue. 

PS: C'mon GOPRO, anything you guys can do fix that? 

Highlighted
Explorer
Re: Hero 7 External mic issue
It's there anyway you can test the mic on another device?