Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Hiker
first test of 360 gopro max video with telemetry in overlay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z71JEUDryWw&t=102s

My steps:

Rode on my bike with camera and garmin 1030 edge bike computer. My powermeter is a "QUARQ DZERO".

I used gpro import function to convert to 4K video. Virb edit reads 360 video 4k, not 5,6 k video.

Edit in Virb edit, I have a garmin bike computer and virb edit can read the "fit" files directly. The fit files have the telemetry i need.

Had trouble syncing the telemetry and the video and used the map in virb edit to sync.

First upload Youtube did not recognise it was a 360 video.

Used the "360.Video.Metadata.Tool.win" to make sure youtube knows it is 360.

Uploaded to youtube and it seems to be working. Zoom out on youtube with the + key on the numpad.

Todo is to make a better overlay from multiple angels. The issue is that turning a corner, the overlay also turns..

(there are 185 other cycling video's on my channel but all flat or two camera setup)

Greetings to all.

Nomad
Re: first test of 360 gopro max video with telemetry in overlay

Hey, that's really cool!

I've had some users ask how to create the overlay in 360 and preserve the geometry, so thanks for sharing your workflow, it will help others.

I think having the overlay remain static while the head turns would require a way much complex software than youtube. Maybe there's something out there that works with layers.

Nomad

Oh, just so you know, your video is labelled as "made for kids" on YouTube, which prevents it from being embedded on external websites or added to playlists

Hiker

fixed the "children" setting.

Hiker

you wrote: 

I think having the overlay remain static while the head turns would require a way much complex software than youtube. Maybe there's something out there that works with layers.

I have found a solution to keep the telemetry visible in 360 all the time on youtube.

Telemetry as subtitles!

I can be done.

subtitle format =
00:00:00,498 --> 00:00:02,827
- Here's what I love most
about food and diet.

00:00:02,827 --> 00:00:06,383
We all eat several times a day,
and we're totally in charge

00:00:06,383 --> 00:00:09,427
of what goes on our plate
and what stays off.

Telemetry format:

<

trkpt lat="53.068991051986814" lon="6.546145509928465">
<ele>-0.600000023841858</ele>
<time>2020-08-01T08:44:08Z</time>
<extensions>
<gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
<gpxtpx:atemp>20</gpxtpx:atemp>
<gpxtpx:hr>151</gpxtpx:hr>
<gpxtpx:cad>70</gpxtpx:cad>
</gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
<gpxx:TrackPointExtension>
<gpxx:Temperature>20</gpxx:Temperature>
</gpxx:TrackPointExtension>
<pwr:PowerInWatts xmlns:pwr="

I am currenly writing a program to convert a telemetry file to subtitles file. Done stuff like that before. I have a master in statistics.

Keep you posted and will share the software.