Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Tourist
error message with gps quickfix

Just purchased the GPSQUICK FIX app and getting the following message when converting or importing converted GoPro 8 4K 25pps files ?

I can not see the files or Guages options to add to the video?

My GoPro 8 is set to use GPS data and the fix seems to convert the file.

HELP!.

OS Win10 X64

Quik V 2.7.0.945

image.png

Highlighted
Nomad
Re: error message with gps quickfix
Hello Mark,

I just replied to your email, but wanted to add that you can send me a sample file that produces this error and I will test it on my end to see what might be going wrong.

Best regards,

Juan
Highlighted
Tourist
Still Getting same error
Now using Quik V2.5
I seem to be able to convert GoPro 8 videos under 4gig using the Purchased and registered GoPro GPS Quick Fix
I did modify the gopro 8 settings to record 12gb files.
The error occurs when Quik is scanning the folder with the converted files in it.
The file I did send you was one of the smaller files after I had modified my gopro to use extended 12gb recording files.

I am getting extreamly frustrated with the inability to use the features of Quik on my PC.
Highlighted
Tourist

@markb18682 wrote:
Still Getting same error
Now using Quik V2.5

You stated that you are using Quik version 2.5

That version is very out of date.

The current version is 2.7.0.945 (listed as version 2.7.0 on the web site)

You can download this from the GoPro web site at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-legacy-software/ta-p/595533

You will also find this link on your SD card if the card was formatted in your camera.  

The link is found in the file "Get_dstarted_with_GoPro.url" in the "GoPro MTP Client Disk Volume" folder on the card.

Highlighted
Nomad

Actually, Quik 2.7.0 has several problems, so I always recommend using 2.5.0, which seems to be the best option for most users and situations.

So, @markb18682 , your converted files work fine. The problem seems to be with your Quik installation. One thing I am not sure is if your problem happens with converted files only or also with original files. I think you mentioned both in one of your emails, but could you confirm that?

Here are a couple of things you could try:

- Install Quik in a different/new Windows user. This has solved issues for some users, probably because some other software or setting was interfering with it.
- If original GoPro files are loaded fine, you may try the "Brute Force" mode in the GPS Quik Fix. Be aware that Quik will not distinguish these files from original ones, so in order to use them, please remove the originals from the GoPro Quik media folder, then refresh it, add the converted files and refresh again.

I hope this helps, otherwise let me know. Or we can continue talking by email to avoid cluttering the forum.

Best regards,

Juan

Highlighted
Tourist
[ Edited ]

Please make sure that you use the latest 2.7.0 version (.945), not the earlier version.  When I got the Hero8 camera, I used the link on the SD card to access the download link and found the version was newer that what I was using.  After updating, I found that both my Hero7 and Hero8 would automatically connect to the app.  With the earlier version, I could not even get the Hero7 to reliably connect to the app.   I had tried three other versions (2.6.0.730, 2.6.2.841 and the earlier 2.7.0.xxx) with my Hero7 and likewise found that the 2.5.0.290 worked the best until I updated to the 2.7.0.945 version.

Highlighted
Nomad
He was using the latest version initially, when the problems started. That information is missing here because most of the conversation happened over email.

The main problems with the latest version (2.7.0) are telemetry synchronization issues with some files and time zones being wrong
Highlighted
Tourist

@kajuna wrote:

The main problems with the latest version (2.7.0) are telemetry synchronization issues with some files and time zones being wrong

I am using Quik 2.7.0.945 to upload my files from my Hero8 to my PC and have noticed that the "Date Modified" time stamp on the uploaded files are correct but the date portion is showing the date the file was imported. The folder date is correct.  For example, I used my Hero 8 to record our church worship service this past Sunday (August 16) and I imported the files today.  The media folder created by the import shows a name of 2020-08-16 with date/time stamp of 8/18/2020 8:28 am which is correct when the import was performed.   All six chapter files have the correct times (8 to 9 minutes apart) starting at 9:18 AM but have today's date.