Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Problem: Downloading GoPro vids with telemetry overlay.

Hi there. I have a Hero 5 Black with inbuilt GPS telemetry. Iuse it to record flights in my ultralight aeroplane from the cockpit, so readouts on position, speed, altitude etc. are of great interest and I'd like toretain copies of each flight (with telemetry overlay) on my PC. I have the GoPro Quik program installed and after connecting PC and camera, the vids are automatically downloaded - I can then select 'gauges' to show the various GPS functions as an overlay as the video plays....

My issue is this: I'd like to download the vids, complete with their telemetry overlay, in folders on my PC. For some reason, when I try to do this all I get is the basic video, without the telemetry....can anyone advise me on the solution please?

Backpacker
Re: Problem: Downloading GoPro vids with telemetry overlay.

Create the folders you want on your PC.  I usually do this by date and a short description of the flight.

Then using an SD card reader, copy the files directly from the SD card into said folders.  You should then have copies of the original files with the GPS data still embedded in them.

Nomad

If you want to export the entire video with gauges from Quik, double click your video file from the Media tab, add the gauges in the preview window and use the scissors icon to (optionally) trim the clip and save it to your desktop as a file.

Sightseer

That did the trick!! Thank you soooo much :o)

Best regards,

Phil.