Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Hiker
Gopro not connecting to gps
Hi all, I got a new hero9, gps activated into the menu but camera wasted 25% of charge just now at the beach without getting any signal, what can I try?
Nomad
Re: Gopro not connecting to gps
Hi.

- Is the camera upside down?
- Is it underwater?
- Is it inside the media mod or some other frame?
- Is it on the latest firmware?
- Does it never show a GPS signal in the top drawer, or did that just happen now?
- Is it cloudy or sunny, where you are?

Thanks
Hiker
Hi, it was on my towel and with the antenna on top, camera is updated and it's a bit cloudy here today but it shouldn't take so long, my armband with the GPS takes at most a few minutes to connect
Highlighted
Hiker
I just did the test, armband next to the camera took 1 minute to connect to GPS, GoPro is still there since 5 minutes ago
Backpacker

If your camera is brand new, have you updated the firmware on your camera to the latest revision, the default firmware with the camera did not support GPS.

Also if your camera battery is running down that fast, you may want to reduce your screen brightness to 10%, it will still be very visible, but leaving it at 100% tends to suck the battery life.

What SD card is in your camera?

Hiker
Hi, as I wrote above camera is fully updated and the sd is the one I got when I bought it, what does it matter with gps signal btw?
Hiker
I did a reset and then a short video while walking, it worked as I could see the path from Quik. Today will try to take a video from the car as I mainly bought the camera for that (for now!).