Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
GoPro with RTK accuracy

Hi, is there any way in which the GroPro 9 can get an external feed to RTK accuracy please? 

Can it be obtained using Bluetooth, Wifi or a direct feed in to the GoPro device?

Or is post processing the only way to do it?

Hiker
Re: GoPro with RTK accuracy
That would be awesome!! I use mine in the field for data collection and for my work the GPS accuracy is good enough, but I do have access to RTK if needed. It would be interesting to compare.
Nomad

As far as I know noone has successfully recorded external data into the GPMF of GoPro videos. I think someone made some progress in the scuba-diving space, but not sure how far they got. I think it's not worth the hassle, recording the data externally and syncing it with the video afterwards is easy enough.

Sightseer

I haven't got my GoPro yet so haven't anythign to compare, but once I do I'll have a look and see what the difference is, if any. I'm sure data can be manipulated afterwards to ensure the accuracy is what i need. Accuracy becomes infectious after a while!

Sightseer

I think this product is applicable to any camera with a hot shoe.

https://www.redcatch.at/3dimagevector/

I haven't tried this software yet, but you may be able to use it to improve accuracy with PPK.

https://www.redcatch.at/redtoolbox/

Sightseer

Really interesting website and product offerings, thank you

Sightseer

For my aerial photo/video work, I have been using the $229 SolMeta GMAX logger which shows camera orientation, and has a more accurate barometric altimeter. That may be directly connected to a Nikon camera, in which case the Exif data is written directly to the image file. The logger also records a downloadable log of the unit movement on 1 Hz interval.