Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Re: GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)
My GPS stickers are greyed
Backpacker

Sounds like you didn't optain GPS lock before recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA5SNPXhiqU

In this video I discuss GoPro GPS tips and tricks and show you why you may not be getting proper GPS information on your GoPro Video's.If you have any questi...
Sightseer
My GPS is locked! I tried in HERO mode and in 360 mode. It’s working in HERO mode and not in 360 mode… I hag a GARMIN Virb 360, and I changed for the GOPRO MAX… I’ am really disappointed because it used to work really good on the GARMIN…
Sightseer

Hello Kajuna, I'm also interested in a coupon code, may I have one please ? I have a Hero 9 Black and that's frustrating to not be able to use the gauges.

Many thanks

Hiker

Hi telemetry stickers was working good for me on my iPhone since last quik software update I don't see any mors option to add stickers would you mind to confirm if this functionality isn't available anymore or I have to do something in my app?

Nomad
Hi,

I don't have an iPhone, but on Android I have to download the video file from the camera for the stickers to be available. I don't really use the official apps, for GPS data, so others might have better information.
Sightseer

Hi -

As a Linux user I was feeling a bit left out - I was looking for free software to render widgets on top of GoPro footage with GPS.

Dashware seemed to be dead, and the others seemed to be quite expensive i thought - (I know you write one of them, not knocking it - seems very good, but above my price range, and didn't seem to support linux)

So I made something - it would probably suit only people who are quite IT confident. Its written in python.

You can check it out at: https://github.com/time4tea/gopro-dashboard-overlay

Here is an example frame from the current software:

Please do give feedback - perhaps not in this thread - currently there are zero users, so there is probably a lot that needs to be done.

There is also various GPMF / GPX parsing code in there too, so it could be used for learning too, if interesting.

Screenshot from 2021-09-29 17-35-29.png
Nomad

That looks fantastic! And the interface seems simple enough for how much it does. I will link it in the top post.

(Side note: Telemetry Overlay does have a Linux version, but it's not listed everywhere due to the very low demand so far)

Sightseer
Thanks for your kind words!
Sightseer
Betreff: GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)

Could I get a code for telemetry overlay?
babi67@t-online.de

Thanks!