Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Tourist
Re: GoPro Max GPS Not Working

It's a shame.

Same problem as GOPRO 8

I suppose we have to waiting an update !

Shame to Gopro !!!

Highlighted
Hiker
for hero 8 maye you can follow this tutorial. https://youtu.be/klSwlsFjytE
Highlighted
Tourist
Hero8 Black Telemetry/GPS Data STILL NOT WORKING

To all of you posting, I FEEL your pain.  I have been going back and forth with GoPro since I rec'd my Hero8 Black on 17 Oct as I pre-ordered.  I think they just don't care because usually GoPro is pretty good with customers.  I honestly think this topic means nothing to them, otherwise it would be fixed in a day, two max.  I have programming/coding skills so I'm just going to go in and ty to get it working myself.  I was able to use some different software, convert the gopro data, then was able to overlay in After Effects CC...but that is NOT a solution.

Hope you're working on this GoPro because you certainly don't want a customer solving the problem before you.

Cheers,

GOPRO Power User from Day 1

Highlighted
Hiker
Re: Hero8 Black Telemetry/GPS Data STILL NOT WORKING

@kapturedm yes bro. It is so wierd when GoPro release a new product, but they not release any latest update for the software. I'm wasting my time to find the solution, how to make it work & can be use. And 1 of my friend ask me to make a script to help other people that have a same problem like this, and here is the link Fix No GPS Data GoPro Quik . Read the instruction on the description.

Highlighted
Sightseer

hello

i see lots of problems with gps. tried yesterday with go pro. There answer was a discount on new camera. Has anyone looked at there old films. I have checked mine. No gps date on them. I was sure when i bought camera there was. Is it a fault with go pro quick?

Highlighted
Nomad
There certainly is a (several) problem with Quik. In some cases it's also that the camera struggles to get a decent GPS lock. You can check out the data contained in your videos here: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/