Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Tourist
Re: GoPro GPS not working? - Performance stickers and telemetry FAQ

So, let me get this straight. 

The Quik app says "Gauges are only available for videos captured with the Karma drone, or HERO5 and newer cameras with GPS turned on."

My Hero9 has it's GPS turned on, and is newer than the HERO5.

And GoPro's solution for me is...  Nothing?

Nomad
Re: GoPro GPS not working? - Performance stickers and telemetry FAQ
Learn to read would be my only advice. Maybe then you'd see there is a firmware fix coming this November yo fix gps issues with the hero 9. Also quik is discontinued software as well as being terrible software. So learn to use a real video editor.
Hiker
Rif.: GoPro GPS not working? - Performance stickers and telemetry FAQ

GOPro Hero 9 comprata un mese fa e non c'è la possibilità con Quik da Mac OSx di leggere i dati GPS? Ma stiamo scherzando? GoPro deve risolvere in tempi più che brevi, immediatamente, questo problema! Non può permettersi dei FeedBack negativi! Ma come è possibile?
Dovrei usare altri software per visualizzare i dati GPS? Ma che cos'è? Una ditta da quattro soldi?

Nomad

GoPro QUIK for desktop (windows/Mac) was discontinued a number of years ago.  It is no longer supported or updated, the last camera it fully supported was the GoPro Hero 7.  It will not support the GoPro Hero 8, it will not support the GoPro Hero 9.

Quik for Android and iOS is fully supported and up to date, so you can use that.

If you want to add gauges using windows or mac, you will need to download something like this:

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/telemetry-overlay-gps-video-sensors

Hiker

Ma Ti embra possibile che il software non supporti più le camere 8 e 9 e la MAX? Non mi sembra assolutamente una cosa corretta da parte di GoPro! File da 4 GB non posso scaricarli sul computer e gestirli come sembre con Quik per Mac o Windows ma devo gestire il tutto da cellulare? quindi andando a consumare batteria sia del cellulare che della GoPro ed attendere il caricamento di più file da 4Gb?

A me non sembra corretto, anzi, non è proprio corretto!

Nomad

As stated, GoPro Quik for desktop does not support the GoPro Hero 8, GoPro Hero 9 or GoPro Hero Max.  This is because the software was long discontinued before those particular camera's were released.  They all record the GPS data in a completely different format.

GoPro were no longer going to support a problematic, terrible piece of software which was costing them time, resources and money when there was so much competition out on the market (dashware, racerender etc).  

They provide a completely free app for Android and iOS which works quite well and is constantly being improved.  According to the last investor relations meeting notes, GoPro will be looking at a new desktop app, but there is no timeline on when that could be.  

Hiker

Certo in mancanza di altro userò la app da dispositivi mobili, spero però vivamente che possano ritornare a sviluppare un software per computer Mac o Windows in grado di gestire i dati da queste ultime fotocamere, proprio perchè hai scritto anche tu che la app Quik per dispositivi mobili va "abbastanza bene" (ogni tanto si blocca o va in crash) e quella per i computer era comoda per l'archiviazione anche su NAS e l'elaborazione con un bel monitor del computer di casa dei tuoi filmati.

Scrivo anche io software per automazione e mi scontro tutti i giorni con qualcosa di nuovo e che mi porta via tempo, ma dò sempre del mio meglio per accontentare il cliente... Questo per GoPro deve essere uno di quei casi, app funzionanti e che possano gestire al meglio le nuove fotocamere.
Non gliel'ha detto mica il dottore di cambiare il formato dei gati GPS di queste ultime fotocamere? ;P

Tourist

You seem to imply that an Android or iOS app is sufficient.  It is not.  A phone or tablet may be good enough for editing a 3 minute video of your kid's birthday cake, but it is a TERRIBLE platform for editing large high-resolution 4K or 5K  videos that can reach 40 GB or more each.  If Quik on your phone suits your needs, that's fine.  But don't snidely suggest that no one else needs anything more capable. Quik on Android or iOS is grossly inadequate.

GoPro software support is abysmal.  It is the worst of any tech company with which I have ever dealt.  They also acquired Dashware then left it to rot on the vine.  It is shameful that this company doesn't provide even a simple mechanism for merging chapter videos from their flagship products while preserving telemetry data.