Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Nomad
Re: GoPro GPS not working? - Performance stickers and telemetry FAQ

Hi Sebastian,

The free tool does not have that kind of limitation.

If I understand correctly, you can load your video file but the exported GPX file is not working inside Virb Edit. Is that it?

You can send me the original file for me to analyse to app@prototyping.barcelona, if it is too big and you happen to have a .LRV file next to it in your SD card, send me the LRV file. Otherwise you could send me the exported GPX and I might be able to make some deductions from it.

Highlighted
Tourist
Betreff: GoPro GPS not working? - Performance stickers and telemetry FAQ

The GPS stopped working in Quik after 2/9/20 on my 5 Black, just got the 8 Black use it today and the GPS dosen't work in Quik. This problem is in your software that needs to be fixed!!!

Highlighted
Hiker
Betreff: GoPro GPS not working? - Performance stickers and telemetry FAQ
Hero8 owner here. GPS still not working in Quik. Glad to see GoPro are taking people's issues seriously.
Highlighted
Tourist

more than 6 months after Gopro8 release...still can't get the telemetry properly viewed in Quik for windows...that is soooooooooooooo frustrating.

I can understand a small delay between a feature is announced and the actual fix, but with an average of one new version every year we're half way of Gopro8 life and can't benefit from telemetry...

The only way is to pay for an external software...which means this is technically doable...but GOPRO doesn't seem to consider this as a problem.

Lack of focus on customer feedback.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Leider hat GoPro offensichtlich kein Interesse daran den Fehler zu beheben. Trotz großem Interesse der Käufer der GoPro 8 an der Behebung des Mangels, passiert gar nichts! Es ist absolut nicht nachvollziehbar, warum ein angekündigtes Future nur mit einer kostenpflichtigen Software funktioniert.

Stattdessen wird in der aktuellen Werbung die Darstellung der GPS-Daten nicht mehr erwähnt. Zudem wird die GoPro 8 momentan vergünstigt angeboten. Was lässt uns das vermuten .... ?

GoPro selbst hat sich dazu überhaupt noch nicht geäußert!

Ich bin mehr als enttäuscht!

Highlighted
Tourist
Guck dir das hier mal an, das kostet nichts und funktioniert:
https://youtu.be/Qe7e90hRkOY