Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Tourist
Re: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

@donvi wrote:
Thanks I didn't know about the speed. what I don't understand is the 4gb thing. Yesterday I was recording with the motorcycle for about 2 hours and when I transferred it to the quik app it generated 4gb videos for me and I don't know why. I am supposed to have 3 files that would be the three battery changes I made, but the app has generated many files of 4gb maximum. I don't understand why, that's why I wanted to join the files and make a single tracker appear.

Due to the nature of the standard file system architecture used with SD cards and other external devices for the Windows and Apple operating systems, the absolute maximum file size permitted is 4095 mb.  This is frequently stated as 4gb. The camera software creates the video chapters slightly less than this to allow maximum compatibility with the Windows and Apple operating systems. GoPro has released a beta version of camera firmware that allows video files to be up to 12gb but you will not be able to transfer those files to your computer by just plugging the SD card into the computer.  You will need to use the camera to transfer the files to the computer.

Explorer
Sightseer
Thanks Kajuna for the post,
Actually I don't understand, why gopro do not want to fix this issue. I bought the hero 8 for the GPS datas, and I didn't know it's wrong. :(
Can you please send me a coupon. Thank you, and have a nice day
Tourist

@sonicjr wrote:
Actually I don't understand, why gopro do not want to fix this issue. I bought the hero 8 for the GPS datas, and I didn't know it's wrong. :(
The GoPro Quik Windows program does not support the display gauges from a Hero8 camera but if you use either the Android or iPhone smart app, you an add data gauges to the video files to display the GPS data.  I have an 9" Android tablet and it works well with the GoPro app to display the gauges.  I used app on my tablet this at the conclusion of our Scout troop kayak outing to show some of the video with gauges,

Sightseer

Hello kajuna,

I have just realized the whole problem regarding the gauges data issue, and went through:

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-hero-8-no-gps-data?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7ZL6BRCmARIsAH6XFDIHA7CkL...

which led me to this forum. Thank you a lot for your time and effort regarding the fix you came up with!

I am about to purchase the software and I would really appreciate a discount coupon code...

Best

Sightseer

Sorry I forgot to add @kajuna 

Sightseer

hi could you please send me a discount coupon code so i can fix my GPS issue with my go pro 8 as have extracted the telemetry so know its there just when i try go pro quik says gps is not available 

regards

walter.

Sightseer

I would be very happy if I could get a coupon for the GPS Quick Fix :)

@kajuna wrote:

Hey,

Just opening this thread to provide support to those using or thinking about using the GPS Quick Fix tool.

Here's the tutorial

And here's the link to the app itself: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-gps-not-working-hero8-quik

Happy to solve any doubts :)

I created a discount coupon code for the users of this forum group. Leave an interesting comment in this thread if you want me to send you one.