Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Re: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

Hello @kajuna -thank you creating this awsome tool - I'm hoping to get the speed data from my 360 footage from the gopromax. I can assume i'll have to convert the .360 files into mp4 format first correct?

Also canI have the coupon code. Thanks - phantomlightgames@gmail.com

Nomad
You can fix the GPS data directly in the .360 files with the Quick Fix (using the Brute Force mode), but GoPro Quik won't be able to read the .360 video. So you will have to convert to .mp4 at some point, while retaining the data. I'll send you an email with the code and we can discuss and maybe test the workflow
Sightseer

Hi @kajuna !
May I have a coupon please? 

Thank you for your efforts. 

Hiker
Betreff: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

Hi @kajuna !
May I have a coupon please? 

Thank you for your efforts. 

Sightseer

Hi , I have gopro hero 8 but the gauges is not working on mine. Im planning to get that gopro quick fix thingy. Do u have a coupon? :D

@kajuna wrote:

Hey,

Just opening this thread to provide support to those using or thinking about using the GPS Quick Fix tool.

Here's the tutorial

And here's the link to the app itself: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-gps-not-working-hero8-quik

Happy to solve any doubts :)

I created a discount coupon code for the users of this forum group. Leave an interesting comment in this thread if you want me to send you one.

Sightseer

Hello, I have recently made several driving time-lapses and general videos and the GPS gauges are just not working. It is really annoying and I read about the fantastic software that can fix this. That lead me to this. I heard there were coupon codes available. May I pls have a coupon code. :)

Sightseer

Hello! 

I just came across this page and didn't know there was a fix. I had given up on using the overlays when it stopped working and plotted the GPS info via a cell phone, but it didn't have anything close to what the quik software had, plus it was a lot of tedious work.

I would love to be able to have a discount code to obtain the software that you are providing. 

Thanks, Brian

Sightseer

Ciao,

I have the same problem, it's possible to have also a coupon code?

Thank you

Tourist

@kajuna I have been looking everywhere and GoPro doesn't seem to want to help all of it's users keeping them afloat.  I would greatly appreciate a coupon and am super impressed!  I'd love to beable to use this in AE as well as Quick....

Thank you!!

@kapturedm - IG

Sightseer

Hello, Can i get the coupon, my new HERO 8 has GPS data but it wont work in the quik SW.  Thanks

Tourist
Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my track video's that the GPS data isn't working.
Is it possible to have a coupon?

Thanks
Sightseer
This vid would be so much cooler if it had the gos data on It.

https://youtu.be/HW0icAsV1IY
Sightseer
As a Motovlogger, MSGRetired on YouTube, this fix is a must for sure ! Now if I only had a discount it would be AWESOME @kajuna Thanks for posting the fix that DJI hasnt provided !
Sightseer

Hello,

Bought the Hero8 a few weeks ago for a trip to the Tail of the Dragon. Super disappointed to find that GoPro doesn't allow me to attach my speed and map on the desktop app. Why would someone want to edit their videos on a phone screen? Anway, came across this post and looked at your webpage, would love one of those coupon codes if still available. Awesome to find your product!

Sightseer
Betreff: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)
I did a 6 months cycling journey with my dog last year and I am currently putting all the videos on YouTube. I would love to include the GPS data and found your Adobe after effects solution. I would love to give it a try. Do you still have discount codes available? Many thanks!
Tourist

@kajuna 

Hi kajuna just came back from my holliday in france, made some nice videos with the hero 8 but still missing the gauches. Just read about the coupon for the fix. Could you please send me one so i can show off the speed of my son on a a electric kick bike to his grandparents 

many thanks 

Etienne

Sightseer

@msgretired I recently started making motovlogs too (Blue Collar Films) on Youtube, which brought me here. @kajuna a discount code wold be a big help!

Thanks!

Sightseer
@kajuna
Thank you for developing great software. Can you send me a coupon?
Sightseer
Hi Kajuna,
Next week my son and I are off to the first MTB park visit ever in Germany. It would be great to brag about speed and Force by showing the shots made with the new Gopro 8. Can you provide a discount voucher? Thnx in advance :-)
MountainMo
Sightseer
[ Edited ]

@kajuna awesome post. Was reading about this Quick Fix some time now, tried so many different things, but nothing works good.

Heard this program does work !

I really want to edit my "bad-ass" karting clips. I recently did a 100 miles race, but now I cannot add those awesome gauges :-(.

Coul you hook me up with a coupon code ?

I have also started some mountainbiking and want to do this with my dog, so we gonna make some awesome clips.

Gonna attach the GoPro to my dog as well :-p !

Thank you for your response.

Sightseer

Bonjour @kajuna 

Je viens d'acheter une Gopro Hero 8 Black et j'ai le même souci, impossible de récupérer les données GPS dnas l'application Quick pour Windows. Est ce que je pourrais avoir un conpon code pour récupérer l'application Gopro GPS Quick Fix.

Dans l'attente de ton retour, je te souhaite une bonne journée.

Sightseer
[ Edited ]

@kajunaThank you for this post of yours. Have been searching the whole web for a proper solution for my Hero8. Had the Hero 5 and did all the gauges seemlessly. Cannot view my paragliding adventures speed, elevation and gps path. Please send coupon if you would be so greatful. Thank you.

Sightseer
Hello, I am interested in buying your program but I have several questions.
1- My Hero 8 (like all cameras) separates the recordings into 4 gb files. With your app, will I be able to unite them and have a single track of the motorcycle route appear?
2- What we buy is an online app or does it also work offline (on the MAC without internet)
3- and finally, do we buy a complete program or is it just an annual subscription?
Thanks I hope the answer my mail is cavinami@gmail.com for my cupon
Explorer
@donvi
Just FYI, with the GoPro Labs firmware you can change the recording format so that the camera no longer splits the files into chaptered files. @kajuna can answer your other questions, but wanted to make sure you know the HERO8 isn't limited to only creating 4GB files. You can also program the camera to auto start recording when you reach a specified speed, which can also be handy for moto-vlogging.

Find out more about GoPro Labs here https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Labs/ct-p/GoProLabs
Nomad

Hello @donvi ,

1- Not with Quik, it cannot merge the telemetry of separate chapters. @danielr15 's tip will allow you to create longer videos, BUT as far as I know Quik does not allow gauges on files larger than 4GB, even with the Quik Fix. You can add gauges on other programs like Dashware, Virb Edit or After Effects. With those there are workarounds for merging data into single tracks/paths (for example joining GPX files or exporting a single file for multiple videos with the Premium version of the Telemetry Extractor) https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

2- It's an offline app that works with no internet.

3- It's a complete program, you get updates and support for a year, but it keeps working after that.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,

Juan

Sightseer
Thanks I didn't know about the speed. what I don't understand is the 4gb thing. Yesterday I was recording with the motorcycle for about 2 hours and when I transferred it to the quik app it generated 4gb videos for me and I don't know why. I am supposed to have 3 files that would be the three battery changes I made, but the app has generated many files of 4gb maximum. I don't understand why, that's why I wanted to join the files and make a single tracker appear.
Sightseer
Gracias @Juan
El cupon de descuento quien me lo da?
Nomad
Sent you the coupon code privately.

The 4GB limitation is there to maximise compatibility between apps and file systems. Not all systems supported larger files until recently. This is less of an issue nowadays, but I guess GoPro prefer not to break backwards compatibility. My explanation is not very technical, here's some more info in the topic: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4662412/why-are-fat32-disks-limited-to-4gb-files#:~:text=Because....)
Tourist

@donvi wrote:
Thanks I didn't know about the speed. what I don't understand is the 4gb thing. Yesterday I was recording with the motorcycle for about 2 hours and when I transferred it to the quik app it generated 4gb videos for me and I don't know why. I am supposed to have 3 files that would be the three battery changes I made, but the app has generated many files of 4gb maximum. I don't understand why, that's why I wanted to join the files and make a single tracker appear.

Due to the nature of the standard file system architecture used with SD cards and other external devices for the Windows and Apple operating systems, the absolute maximum file size permitted is 4095 mb.  This is frequently stated as 4gb. The camera software creates the video chapters slightly less than this to allow maximum compatibility with the Windows and Apple operating systems. GoPro has released a beta version of camera firmware that allows video files to be up to 12gb but you will not be able to transfer those files to your computer by just plugging the SD card into the computer.  You will need to use the camera to transfer the files to the computer.

Explorer
Sightseer
Thanks Kajuna for the post,
Actually I don't understand, why gopro do not want to fix this issue. I bought the hero 8 for the GPS datas, and I didn't know it's wrong. :(
Can you please send me a coupon. Thank you, and have a nice day
Tourist

@sonicjr wrote:
Actually I don't understand, why gopro do not want to fix this issue. I bought the hero 8 for the GPS datas, and I didn't know it's wrong. :(
The GoPro Quik Windows program does not support the display gauges from a Hero8 camera but if you use either the Android or iPhone smart app, you an add data gauges to the video files to display the GPS data.  I have an 9" Android tablet and it works well with the GoPro app to display the gauges.  I used app on my tablet this at the conclusion of our Scout troop kayak outing to show some of the video with gauges,

Sightseer

Hello kajuna,

I have just realized the whole problem regarding the gauges data issue, and went through:

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-hero-8-no-gps-data?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7ZL6BRCmARIsAH6XFDIHA7CkL...

which led me to this forum. Thank you a lot for your time and effort regarding the fix you came up with!

I am about to purchase the software and I would really appreciate a discount coupon code...

Best

Sightseer

Sorry I forgot to add @kajuna 

Sightseer

hi could you please send me a discount coupon code so i can fix my GPS issue with my go pro 8 as have extracted the telemetry so know its there just when i try go pro quik says gps is not available 

regards

walter.

Sightseer

I would be very happy if I could get a coupon for the GPS Quick Fix :)

@kajuna wrote:

Hey,

Just opening this thread to provide support to those using or thinking about using the GPS Quick Fix tool.

Here's the tutorial

And here's the link to the app itself: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-gps-not-working-hero8-quik

Happy to solve any doubts :)

I created a discount coupon code for the users of this forum group. Leave an interesting comment in this thread if you want me to send you one.

Sightseer

Hey man would be very happy if I could get a coupon for the GPS Quick Fix :)

Thank you.

Tourist
Hi.
I would also like a discount coupon code.
Ken
Denmark
Sightseer
[ Edited ]

Hi @kajuna

Could I ask you to share a coupon with me? My Hero 8 does not want to work with Quick on Windows.

Thank you in advance!

Sightseer

Hello from Czech republic

I would also like a discount coupon code. 

Thank you in advance!

Martin

Hiker

@kajuna wrote:

Sorry for my late reply, notifications were going to spam. Just to clarify, I'm sending the coupons privately to those who request them here :)

@kajuna could you please send me a coupon for the quick fix it would be much appeciated.... I´ve been waiting for GoPro to step up and fix this issue but it looks like it´s not going to happen. What they should do is hire you already!

Oh and by the way - You´ve done an awsome job! I´ve used the telementary extractor you made with dashware, but there´s just too much work with longer videos.

Sightseer
[ Edited ]

@kajuna Hi if you're still offering coupon codes for quick fix, I'd sure appreciate getting one!

Thanks!
Paul

Sightseer

I would like a coupon code as well. I have a gp8 black and none of the videos will work with Quik. 

Appreciated very much!

Jeffrey

Sightseer
@kajuna
I would like a coupon code as well. I have a gp8 black and none of the videos will work with Quik.

Appreciated very much! Sorry for the double post, not sure I can edit my previous post yet. :-\

Jeffrey
Sightseer

Hi,

Could you please send me also a discount coupon code.

Thanks!

Leo

Sightseer

Hi could you send me your coupon

Please Please Please Please 

Sightseer

Hi, kajuna

could you send me your coupon code  Please.

Sightseer

I'd like a coupon code as well, trying to extract my data from the go pro 9 media, no luck.

Sightseer

Hi Could I possibly have a code aswell , so dissapointing they havnt fixed this yet.  Thank you for yor work

Sightseer

Hi,Could you send me  a discount coupon code.

Please