Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Re: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

Hi

Is that coupon code still on offer? 

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Gareth

Sightseer
Betreff: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

Hello .. need a COUPON CODE please

Sightseer
[ Edited ]

Another user having to rely on third part software for something that gopro should have made right in the first place... :(

Could you send me a coupon code too please?

Sightseer

Hi @kajuna , I'm using Gopro hero 8 with firmware is 1.60 and this firmware still has problem with GPS Smiley Sad , Could you send me a coupon of  GPS Quick Fix tool ? Thank you very much 

Sightseer

was wondering if you can hook me up with a coupon for the telemetry extractor! would love to support your work man, thank you for doing this.

Sightseer

Hello from Spain to everyone. It would be a great gift if you gave me a coupon, a great gif because today is my birthday, really.  Even a beer if you come here your are invited, as soon as the covid 19 allows us.

Sightseer

Hello there,

would love to get a coupon too.

Mail:    F4aO3bR2cU1M@gmx.de

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Sightseer

can you give me coupon to try this thanks

Sightseer

i have gp8 and i cant use my telemetrie gps to make fpv video can you give me coupon to use this thanks

Sightseer

@kajuna  I too have become frustrated with the GoPro team and their online support.  They continue to tell me the GPS data should work with my Hero8 and the desktop software, but it just doesn't.  I would love a coupon code to acquire the genuine fix.  Thank you in advance. I appreciate the great work you have done. 

Sightseer

Hello. I bought the program, but nothing came to me. Can you help?

Nomad

Sure. You get email support with the tool. Can you send me an email to app@prototyping.barcelona and explain where you are stuck?

Thank you

Sightseer

Thx. Im send email to you... from Bur_lion@mail.ru

Nomad

Can you check your spam folder? Now that I see your email I remember emailing you a couple of days ago.

Thanks

Sightseer

Nothing in spam folder... :( I have gmail box. Bur.lion@gmail.com

Sightseer

hy i have buy this and by pay by papal when do you send me link to use this 

Nomad
*Replied privately, but just in case. Your app confirmation is in your email account.
Tourist

spart euch das Geld hierfür... auch der coupon bringt euch nicht wirklich weiter, schaut mal hier vorbei, dort wird erklärt, wie das auch ohne extra bezahlen geht:

https://youtu.be/Qe7e90hRkOY

Mfg

TheHartmut88

Hier wird beschrieben, wie man die GPS Daten seiner GoPro Hero Black 8 anzeigen lassen kann, OHNE die "Quick" App nutzen zu müssen.
Sightseer

Hi

would like to get a coupon too., please.

Mail:    prn@rocketmail.com

Thanks

Sightseer
Hi there I also have trouble with using the GPS function. I have contacted Gopro helpdesk and unfurtunaly they havent been ad helpfull, the where quick in there response but didnt help me fixin this problem. Please send me a coupon.
Sightseer

Hi, 

great that you implemented a solution. I would highly appreciate a coupon please.

Best, Gabriel

Sightseer
Hi Kajuna. Would it be possible to obtain a coupon please? Thank you kindly
Sightseer
[ Edited ]

@kajuna Do you still have any coupons left? Could you send me one if you do? My email is killianmelsen@gmail.com

Thanks!

Sightseer

Hi, I'm a complete newbie with an action camera. And immediately a problem with GPS data on a PC  Would there be a coupon for me? Tax@email.cz
Thank you very much ...

Sightseer

You guys behind the forum have really helped me whilst seeking to upload video and tracks to Rouvy to help those in lockdown, thank you.  I am now trying to pull a video together to show the benefits of this and wanted to include overlays. I wanted to use footage from my Hero8 - how silly!  If you have a coupon to use your "Quick Fix" app so that I can use Quik that would be 1000% appreciated.  I tried to use Race Render but the file size is too big.  I apprecaite any help and support.

Thank you.

Sightseer

Nice fix!

I believe will be great to use with my footage inside tunnels, do you have any coupon available yet? I got my first GoPro this week, a HERO8, before I used many other brands (no expensive and poor quality), I am very excited to start to do great videos as soon the quarantine ends.

If you have a coupon I really appreciate it, my email is jccalistro@gmail.com.

Stay safe!

Tourist

Nice fix!
I just received my Gopro Hero 8 Black and I am disappointed that I cannot use Gps data with Quick.
Can you send me a coupon, thank you for your work and the solution found to this problem.
Sorry my english is not perfect ;-)
Thank you

Sightseer
回复: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)
@kajuna. I find website for this tool.it looked great! Can you send me a discount coupon code? I use gopro8 ,quik gps data not work.
Sightseer

@kajuna Could you please send me a discount code for GPS Quick Fix for GoPro?
Thank you!

>Karl

Sightseer
I just started using the GPS Quick Fix for GoPro yesterday. So far it is working great. Of course the files from a 2 hour motorcycle ride don't sync up. That's when I noticed that Telemetry Extractor for GoPro says that it can do that. But it doesn't say that it will make it work GoPro Quick. I normally use Movavi Video Editor Premium to edit the files down to something that is manageable. It doesn't look like Telemetry Extractor for GoPro will work with anything but Adobe. That is way to expensive for me. I don't even think I can justify the cost of Telemetry Extractor for GoPro especially if the files don't work in GoPro Quick. Thanks for a great program that makes my motorcycle rides much more interesting. If there is an easy way to do what I want that I'm missing please let me know. I really am not a fan of the monthly subscription to software. If you have any coupons that would make it easier to handle the cost I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks again, Gary
Nomad

Hi Gary, I just sent you a discount code privately, but replying to your doubts....

If you are having sync issues in Quik, did you check the "Gauges are out of sync" section here? (or in the instructions manual) https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-hero-8-no-gps-data

The Extractor extracts the data but does not modify the original files, so the merged data cannot be imported in Quik. You can use the metged extracted data it in Dashware or Virb Edit, for example (and After Effects, as you mentioned).

And, the cost is not s monthly subscription, it's a one time payment.

Let me know if you have other doubts. Best regards,

Juan

Tourist

Hi Juan,

I too would like to receive a discount code: ahdschwarz@gmail.com 

Regards

- Andreas -

Sightseer

Hi Juan, 

Can i ask you to send me discout code? If you can do it vi private message that would be great. I don't want to share my email publicly. 

Thanks in advance

Wojtek

Sightseer

Hi. I've just bought a Hero 7 Black, my first GoPro with GPS, and guess what - I'm having trouble getting Quik to recognise the data, which I know is there because Dashware can extract it. Problem with Dashware is it produces a data file which is progressively shorter than the video file. It seems to lose up to 30 seconds over a 12 minute video. A discount code would be greatly appreciated so I can try Quick Fix!

Sightseer

Hi Kajuna,

I just purchased a hero 8 black and would also like the quik fix gps discount code. quik also doesnt recognize my gps data even though i confirmed it is there. thanks!

Sightseer

Thanks Juan,

The data that I do see seems to be exactly in sync with the ride for that file. My concern about monthly subscription is with Adobe not yours. I haven’t put together a full length video yet with all of the gauges it really isn’t that big a deal that the data would not show the full altitude changes only the ones in each file. But it would make for a more interesting video to see how high and low we went.

I’m really new to this forum stuff so I really don’t know how to retrieve the code. I’m also not familiar with the software that you talked about. I will look into it. I have been using Pinnacle for years but since 4K came out their software crashes all the time with large files. I have had much better luck with MOVAVI. But it  started having problems too.

Thanks for replying so fast. Some of the gauges I saw on some of your tutorials would look so much better than what GoPro gives you.

Thanks again,

Gary

Nomad

@iranmach1 if you click on your username you should have access to your inbox, there you'll have a private message with the code.

Annotation 2020-06-14 203702.png

I believe you should also have received an email with the private message, maybe it went to your spam folder?

Sightseer

Juan,

I kmow I'm getting way to old to be trying to learn new tricks. But I can get the gauges to show up in Quick with not problem once it has been converted. The data looks like what I think it should. But when I try the same thing in Dash Ware it ads the GoPro gauges automaticly but I never get any data on them. I havent got a clue what I'm doing wrong. Any help or a pointer to a primer would be greatly apreaciated. 

As a side note It seems that you may be located in Barcelona? I was lucky enough to take a cruise with my whole family out of there then spend a week there. I'm still amazed at how clean everything is.

Thanks again,

Gary

Nomad

Hi Gary,

Dashware was deprecated after the Hero5, so in order to import more recent data you need to copy some XML profiles over from Quik. In fact, after using the GPS Quick Fix your video files should be compatible with any software that supports the Hero6, so what you have to do is to copy the Her6 XML profile from Quik to Dashware. I haven't found agood guide on how to do that, but in a nutshell, this would be it (this is for Windows, I don't know how to do this on a mac):

Copy your Hero6GPMF.xml file from

C:\Program Files\GoPro\GoPro Desktop App\telemetrydata\DataProfiles

To

C:\Program Files\DashWare\DataTool\DataProfiles

Then Dashware should be able to read the data.

Glad you enjoyed the city :)

Sightseer

Hi Juan,

I did what you laid out and it worked perfectly. I love all the gauges in DashWare but probably wont use them on the Harley. I like the way GoPro has them see through. I haven’t tried to use it for the files on my DJI Phantom 4 but I’m hoping it will work just like this as well. DJI never offered any gauges that I know of. It would really be nice on a Drone to know the altitude and speed.

I did get into some trouble somehow I changed the default project so it would never use the data. I uninstalled it but that didn’t help. But of course I forgot to put the GoPro 6 file back in the directory.

What  I was trying to do was get it to work with a merged video that DashWare made that said they don’t modify telemetry data. But what they did do is make a subdirectory with .csv files that has all of the data in them. There is a file for each one that was merged. The merged file plays perfectly up to the end of the first video then the data freezes at the last point in the first file. It continues to play just fine though. Is this something that would work be fixed with the Telemetry Extractor for GoPro using DashWare?

It seems that DashWare has the ability to add the different .csv files (why would it create them) but it always comes up with an error after about the first file that says it had a Data Extraction/Merge Failed. The .CSV files all seem to have valid data though.

Thanks again for at least getting the first file to work with DashWare. At least with it I can drag and drop a new file on top of the gauge layout so all of the same ride look the same.

Gary

Nomad

I know some users merge CSV files manually so they can be used in Dashware, but I'm not familiar with the technique. With the Premium version of the Extractor you can export the data of multiple videos as a merged GPX file and then import it in Dashware.

Sightseer

I did try to merge them with Excel but it didn't seem to work. I'm sure there might be something that’s needed in between to denote the different files. Right now I chose the GoPro from the pulldown. for the Data Profile. So if I understand this correctly I would use the GPX profile that is right under the GoPro one?
Thanks for being so patient with me.
Gary

Nomad

Yes, I don't use Dashware much, but I think that would be it. You can test the workflow with any GPX file, I believe

Sightseer

Thanks Juan,

But how do I obtain a .GPX file. Will Dashware produce one from a GoPro file?

Gary

Nomad

Hi Gary,

You can create it with the Telemetry Extractor https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/ And with the Premium version you can merge the data of multiple consecutive videos: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-gps-telemetry-extract

Juan

Sightseer

Hi Juan,
I must be doing something horribly wrong. I can create the .GPX but if I run it against a regular GoPro file or one that has been fixed it is at least a minute out of sync. It says I'm doing 17mph sitting in my garage. So I just don’t understand how to make the video file play with the .GPX file. I really want to buy the Extractor but at this rate I would be totally lost. I may just have to be happy that I can get accurate data on individual files it just wont show total elevation and distance. I still plan on chopping the finished video up for YouTube but want a complete one to start with that way I can fade in with an explanation if I need to.

Thanks,
Gary

Nomad

Hi Gary, I will reply privately to avoid cluttering the forum.

Sightseer

Hi Juan,

I too would like to receive a discount code: gregorally@gmail.com 

Regards

Greg

Hiker
May I have a coupon code please.
Tourist

GoPro Hero8 support chat said I could post a request here to request a coupon for a free copy of the GoPro GPS Quick Fix program so that I can get the guages to work with my GoPro8 videos in the GoPro Quik program.