Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Re: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

@kajuna I wonder, is there a telemetry overlay plugin for Adobe Premiere? So I can add the GPS speed to my videos directly inside Permiere. Thanks.

Nomad

Hi @matbollen4å00 

There isn't a plugin speficically for Premiere. There's this template for After Effects: https://youtu.be/ajDYH_1gUsU You are probably aware that you can import AE compositions in Premiere. It will still require some AE skills.

Alternatively, an easier and more comprehensive solution is the standalone Telemetry Overlay software https://youtu.be/1a84BawKsvQ If you want to preserve your footage you can export the overlay as a transparent video and do the actual editing in Premiere. That workflow is a bit slower than just exporting to an MP4 video, but doable if you are used to editing video.

For those that do not use Adobe After Effects, here's the standalone alternative: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/telemetry-overlay-gps-video-sensorsGet ...
Compatible with GoPro, DJI, Insta360, Garmin, Smartphones, GPS trackers and more.Get it here https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/telemetry-overlay-gps-video-...
Sightseer

Is there an Android App to fix the videos on the go, rather than needing to be at a computer (both are useful)?

Also any demo version of GoPro GPS not working in Quik? Solved! | GPS Quick Fix for GoPro (goprotelemetryextractor.com)

Also do the "fixed" files wotk in the app version?

Thanks

Nomad

@syrup1971 

- I don't think there's an Android alternative to fix the videos

- No demo version of the GPS Quick Fix, but feel free to send a sample file and I will process it and return it. app@prototyping.barcelona

- Fixed videos should work in Quik for Android, but I have not tested that in a very long time

Sightseer

Thanks, I'll send a video.

It's just frustrating as one of the key reasons from upgrading from my old Virb Elite was to be able to add GPS overlays on the fly.  I tested again, leaving my camera on in the garden for 10 minutes before recording.  recording a clip.  Checking GPS data (looks perfect), but still no stickers.

Sightseer

Hey @kajuna
Do you have any coupon? 

Sightseer
Do you have a coupon? Thanks
Sightseer

Please could I have a coupon

Sightseer

Hello!

Can i have a coupon please?

Thanks in advance.

Backpacker

@kajuna Since you've been giving out coupons to everyone and your software is just so excellent, I would love to give you a coupon in return.  
What can I say, I believe in Karma balancing!

magic-moments-coupons-download-2-e1588709975823.jpg

Sightseer

Hello, could you send me a discount coupon?
Thanks

Sightseer

@kajuna May I have a code for Telemetry Overlay?

Also, a question, will the gauges and video be in sync better with Telemetry Overlay than using the free extractor + VIRB Edit?  

I've played around with this a bit, but at least on my test file I can't seem to get things in sync properly (gauges start showing speed while my car is stationary, Hero8 mounted on the outside of the windshield while on an air strip for autocross - hard to find an alignment point on autocross), so wondering if Telemetry Overlay would be a more reliable solution. :)

Thank you!

Nomad
I haven't used Virb Edit in a long time, but I think sync was easy for real speed videos, as long as the GPS signal was good across the video. Do you know if that is the case? I also seem to remember there were problems with chaptered videos if you were not importing the first file in the group.

You can try Telemetry Overlay with the trial version here https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/telemetry-overlay-trial

Let me know if you have questions
Sightseer
Hey @kajuna!
I just tried out the trial version of Telemetry Overlay, and the speedo/video are in perfect sync! You're amazing!

Not sure there's anything more I could do to make the GPS signal better - camera mounted on the top of the windshield, big open runway with no obstructions nor buildings.

Also, thank you for the code, I'll grab that in a bit! :D
Nomad
Some of the most common problems with the GPS signal come from mounting the camera upside down and from starting it with the record button instead of turning it on and waiting for a GPS lock.

Here are some more tips https://youtu.be/4R4X_Vs3LFA
Sightseer
Ahh gotcha!
I did have the camera mounted upside right and used the power button to turn it on.
Thank you for the tips!
Sightseer

Just bought a GoPro and ran into the same frustrations of not being able to see the GPS data in GoPro Quick for desktop.  Then found your GPS fix.  Smiley Very Happy  Do you have a copon available for it?  Thanks.  

Sightseer

Kajuna any chance you got some more of them coupons....thanks 

Sightseer
@kajun this looks like a awesome tool. I’d love to get a coupon for this.
Sightseer

Please give me coupon. My email: lukjas@interia.pl
Thank you.

Sightseer

I've just purchased a gopro max - are you still offering coupons? I have the demo version of Telemetry Extractor, and have been playing with it. Please message me with a coupon if you are still offering them.

Tourist

Im somewhat confused, this quick fix program, did you create it or did goPro?  I cant understand why my Hero7 silver works and my Hero9 does not.

Seems absolutely crazy to me that this would be a problem when they advertise the GPS data as a benefit to using their hardware.

Any tips/trick or assistance you can offer would be awesome.  Thanks!

Nomad

Hi @jeffreyk13537 

I created GPS Quick Fix. GoPro does not mantain Quik for Windows or Mac any more.

If you have the Hero7 and a newer camera, your case is slightly special. The last version of Quik (2.7.0) will work with your Hero 7 files, but if you convert the Hero9 files with GPS Quick Fix to make them compatible, the data won't be in sync. This is a problem introduced in the last version of Quik, so you will have to install 2.5.0 or 2.6.0, which will make Hero7 files incompatible too and you will have to convert them with GPS Quick Fix.

I think the standalone Telemetry Overlay software would be a more straightforward solution.

Tourist

So I bought this expensive camera from a company that advertised all these features and now that I upgraded to their latest product, I dont get the features advertised UNLESS I spend a couple hundred more dollars with a third party to make those features usable.  Seems to me like Go Pro Products are complete garbage.  Perhaps I'll be checking out their competition.  May not be as good video, or it could be the same or even better, but Im betting I'll get what they advertise without the horrible customer service, The  "its not my problem" attitude and the "just spend more money to achieve what we promised" philosophy.

https://trustedconsumerreview.com/top-action-camera/?kw=best%20action%20video%20camera&cpn=139663251...

Backpacker

The GoPro was advertised as having a GPS chip.

It does have a GPS chip.

This would lead you to believe that GoPro software supports GPS data.

GoPro Software for both Android and iOS (their advertised software) does support GPS data.  GoPro never advertised GPS data support for any of their outdated discontinued non supported software, so not sure where your complaint is coming from?

The fact that you want to use "more" data than GoPro software supports, or add additional gauges that GoPro software doesn't support is your own personal choice.  

Posting a link to a "for profit" site that's reviewing budget action camera's hardly seems like a well researched decision backing up any of your claims.

Let's look at the non GoPro camera's on the list.

1:  Action Hero.  Doesn't even support GPS data, only has 21 reviews on Amazon and scores a measly 3.6 stars on average.  The fact that it takes 20MP HDR photo's and yet claims to only have a 12MP sensor means that there's a lot of interpolation taking place which means the picture is also substandard.  So not sure how this is a better camera as it has a much lower picture resolution, lower bit rate and no GPS data support.  

2: COOAU Native:  This one actually has a 20mp Sony Sensor and native 4K support (so no interpolation yay!).  However EIS cannot be enabled when using 4K, there's no touch screen, it has a very low bit ratein all video modes (most likely due to a cheaper processor not being able to process 4K with a high bit rate)  One built in microphone and guess what? No GPS data support.

So not sure how posting a link to a for profit website that gives high marks to two terrible camera's and don't have GPS validates your claims or even makes any sort of general sense.  

Explorer
Only a complete fool would purchase anything "recommended" by trustedconsumerreview.com 🤣😆😂

Not only are there grammatical and spelling errors, just read the disclaimer:

"Please be advised that the operator of this site accepts advertising compensation from companies that appear on the site, and such compensation impacts the location and order in which the companies (and/or their products) are presented, and in some cases may also impact the rating that is assigned to them."

"To the extent that ratings appear on this site, such rating is determined by....compensation paid to us..."

"Company listings on this page DO NOT imply endorsement."

😆😂😆🤡
Sightseer
Hi Kajuna!

Is there any chance in the universe you are still offering coupons for Quick Fix?
Sightseer
Betreff: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

Thanks

Sightseer
can i get a coupon please
Sightseer

Can you please send me a coupon? I cannot believe I purchased something as expensive as a gopro finally and I can't even use the features it's supposed to come with... I should've bought something else. Like more food. Help please.

Sightseer

Guys, just go 1 bundle up, buy Telemetry Overlay. It's so much better, skip using Quik all together it's pointless and not user friendly. 

Telemetry Overlay will merge all your files, add gauges, let you tweak those gauges as you please, you can then additional GPX files from your smart gear to improve GPS positioning. Export to single file and then run it through Premiere Pro or any other capable software to compress, re-color and sharpen it all out and  you're good to go in under an hour. 

Bloke who wrote is i great at what he's doing, if you have any issues, just ask him. 

Sightseer

Hi there @kajuna 

Your GPS Quick Fix tool is exactly what I am looking for, are you also able to provide me with a coupon code? 

Thank you 

Sightseer
Betreff: GoPro GPS Quick Fix (support)

@kajuna Please can you send me a coupon. Many thanks

Sightseer

@kajuna  j'ai acheter une gopro et mes donnée gps ne marche pas avec le pc.serait-t-il possible d'avoir un coupon?

désolé de faire ce message en français

Tourist

Hey @kajuna any chance you have any coupon codes left, I would love to try out the GoPro Telemetry data with your After Effects templates?

Sightseer

@kajuna gopro telemetry overlay looks great. I'm glad someone is supporting these cameras. Can I get the coupon too?

Sightseer

@kajuna 

Thanks