Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Tourist

Why GoPro Plus insurance does not work in 2 of the 28 EU countries?

Hi guys,

I can't contact Gopro in any way, I tried multiple email addresses and got no response.
If you know of a working email I appreciate that you indicate me because I have the complaint below to send.
I don't understand GoPro's discrimination against Portugal and Slovenia...

Why doesn't GoPro Plus insurance protect broken cameras in these two countries and protect them in all other 26?

Dear GoPro,

I am very disappointed with GoPro. I am a 58 years old Portuguese dirt rider, I made offroad videos since the 90', beginning with al old big HI8 video camera, then used an external Sony tubular camera, connected with my HI8 in my backpack, later bought a more modern Contour HD 1080p that served me for long years.
Recently that action camera began with focus problems and I decide to replace it with the best action cam of the moment - a GoPro Hero 7 Black, with an impressive stabilization and also a program GoPro Plus that I subscribed to gain access to some accessories and also an insurance program to replace the cam in case of damage because of a fall.
I already bought some accessories and right now I am in the second month of subscription of GoPro Plus.
Strangely later I read that this GoPro Plus "insurance"  does not work in my country - Portugal. 
Can you explain why?
Why Portugal and Slovenia, 2 of 28 countries of the Europen Union, do not have that type of insurance?
Are we less than all of the other 26 EU countries?
Why that discrimination?

Please verify what is happening with your country list, that only could be a mistake, it is not possible to have different rules inside EU countries, our EU laws do not allow that.

Hoping that could only be a mistake, I send you my best regards, and just say that I love my new GoPro 7 Black.

Miguel Cunha
(in Portugal)
2019-july-10

Alemanha
Áustria
Bélgica
Bulgária
Chipre
Croácia
Dinamarca
Eslováquia
Espanha
Estónia
Finlândia
França
Grécia
Países Baixos
Hungria
Irlanda
Itália
Letónia
Lituânia
Luxemburgo
Malta
Polónia
Reino Unido
Chéquia
Roménia
Suécia
Eslovénia (NO)
Portugal (NO)
GoPro

Re: Why GoPro Plus insurance does not work in 2 of the 28 EU countries?

Hi @mc4gopro

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We try our best to make sure we provide customers with the best options.

Currently, the damaged camera replacement under Plus is available to certain countries.

See GoPro Plus Damaged Camera Replacement FAQ for information.

We'll also have this forwarded the team in charge.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Yes, I know that:

Currently, the damaged camera replacement under Plus is available to certain countries.

See GoPro Plus Damaged Camera Replacement FAQ for information...

That is the problem, in the European Union, that has 28 countries, for now, the GoPro Plus insurance is available in 26 of them, but forget the last 2, mine - Portugal - and Slovénia.

I can't understand that discrimination and I will stop my GoPro Plus subscription if GoPro does not extend the insurance to the last two EU countries...

Sightseer

Hello,

I am from Slovenia, one of the discriminate country.

I just bought a GoPro Hero 8 Black. I was about to start GoPro Plus subcription, but hopefully read the FAQ. I also hope that this is a mistake.

Best regards,

J

Tourist

Não é engano, é mesmo uma total discriminação da GoPro a estes 2 países.

Após pagar a subscrição por vários meses, à espera de uma resposta da GoPro a justificar a exclusão e uma rectificação, que nunca chegou, cancelei a minha subscrição :(

Sightseer

Hi,

and has GoPro come up with at least an official answer on this topic? 

When can we expect to be treated the same by GoPro in Slovenia an Portugal?

Tourist

Nenhuma resposta oficial da GoPro!

É lamentável a discriminação que a GoPro faz e nem uma resposta sobre o assunto.

Depois de muito esperar por uma resposta e uma alteração do seguro, de forma a abranger Portugal (e Eslovénia) e estar a pagar mês após mês, à espera de resposta, cancelei o pagamento automático e recebi logo uma resposta do GoPro, não sobre o assunto do seguro mas sobre a falta de pagamento.

Respondi que aguardava pela mudança de política para estes 2 países para voltar a pagar (um seguro que não tinha) mas a GoPro preferiu cancelar a minha subscrição por falta de pagamento...

Obrigado GoPro :(

Sightseer

One word... Disgraceful.