Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist

Video looses sound after uploading to cloud

[ Edited ]

Videos recorded with Hero 8 black and uploaded to the plus.gopro.com cloud loose sound when played from the cloud, shared to YouTube or downloaded from the cloud to computer.  The videos either have no sound once uploaded or sound will be lost shortly after uploading. I have attempted to access the videos from a Mac, Windows 10, and IPAD using Chrome and Safari and shared to YouTube and all produce the same results.  If I use the IOS app I can download the video from the cloud to the app and hear the sound so I know the sound is recording.  The videos are 1.5 - 1.75 hours in length.  Any Suggestions how to fix?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Video looses sound after uploading to cloud

Hello @joeav2. Does it matter how the videos are accessed and played back - whether through Quik for desktop or gopro.com? As the issue is observed for videos that are at least 1.5 hours long, would you be able to tell if the videos are split into chapters when uploaded to the cloud? 

We'd also like to know how the videos were uploaded. Which method was used to save them to the cloud? We hope to hear back from you. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

The sound is lost while accessed or download from both Quik for desktop or gopro.com.  The video may play sound briefly 10-20 seconds while viewed through Quik.  The video appears as 1 video in the cloud. 

The Hero 8 black auto uploads the files while connected to home wifi.  

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having similar issue with Hero 5. Sound actually exports with the video and is playable from GoPro Plus, but once it's exported to Youtube or downloaded to Quik for desktop, it loses the sound. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional details that you provided, @joeav2. We will share this with the team. 

@newtonrob, will you also be able to confirm that the audio is present when the video is accessed and downloaded via GoPro App? Are your videos also at least 1.5 hours long? Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Sound works when the videos are downloaded directly to mac via USB cable and accessed on the GoPro Quick app for Mac. The videos are not 1.5 hours long. They are all approximately 50 minutes to 1hr and 20 min .

I have not downloaded to gopro app on mobile device because the files are too big. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Correction - I did access video on GoPro app and the sound does work. Seems to only lose sound when goes to the GoPro cloud media storage.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the confirmation, @newtonrob. We will keep this thread posted once we hear back from the team.