Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist

Very slow uploads to GoPro Plus Cloud and then a message to say the media already exists.

Hi, I am very frustrated as having signed up for GoPro Plus and just purchased a new GoPro Hero 8 I have been trying for the last two days to upload the first few films I recorded. The upload has taken hours and hours and hours and yesterday and today my uploads have ended and failed with a message to say that the media I am trying to upload already exists - but on double checking my GoPro cloud the videos I am uploading definitely are not there!

I have managed to upload a couple of very short time lapse videos and one video which is only 1 min 30s long has also uploaded. the videos that will not upload are between about  6 mins and about 11 mins long.

I have tried the auto upload from the camera on my home wifi and also tried directly from my Macbook (wired Ethenet with a normal 30mbps upload speed) up to the GoPro Plus Cloud.

I very much like the idea of GoPro plus with cloud storage but this seems at present to be effectively completely unusable and impractical. 

Simon Dobson UK 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Very slow uploads to GoPro Plus Cloud and then a message to say the media already exists.

"at present"
don't expect it to change soon, GoPro doesn't see this as an issue, it sees it as a feature, the slow uploads have been going on since 2018 (just search the support hub)
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Very slow uploads to GoPro Plus Cloud and then a message to say the media already exists.

Hello @simond6632. An update has been implemented recently to fix the issue of not being able to upload large/chaptered files to the PLUS cloud. Seeing that you are still experiencing an issue with uploading, we'd like to gather more details to isolate the issue. 

When you mentioned uploading through your Macbook,  was it through Quik for desktop, or manually through GoPro.com? Have you attempted using other methods of upload

Were those 6-min to 11-min files of regular videos? Would you have information regarding their file size? Were these files chaptered? Chaptered files can only be uploaded through the GoPro app, manually through GoPro.com, and using the camera as a hub via auto upload. 

How did you access your files? Try checking your media uploads through these platforms and let us know what you find out. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Tourist

I checked, updated the Quick application to v2.7, still upload between 2.7 - 3.2Mpbs

trying to upload 28 items @ 46GB.

Before it's the usual "your internet and laptop are bad" answer:

PC is a new Dell XPS with i7, 16GB Memory & SSD, sitting on a 10Gbps internet connection (connected via 1Gbps Ethernet to this device) 

GoProQuickSlow.png
Highlighted
Sightseer

Also trying to download a 1 hour clip with 28gb, tells me something about 24H +
Uploading took the whole night btw.

Highlighted
Hiker

Having similar issues with large files. Never been able to get a 4GB to upload to the Cloud, since starting back in Oct. At the moment  i have one file sitting for 14 hours and still not there yet. Got a fast connection and all other cloud based services are very fast. Even run speed tests while it was uploading. Should have taken less than 30mins. 

I too am in the UK and it seeems we are getting shafted as usual. NO excuses other than this is GP's fault. They try and blame our connction, our provider etc, but they know where the issue is. Cant imagine its a real issue, rather by design. 

They shouldn't be allowed to operate in this country unless they can provide the service they advertise. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@agilebeach15350 well, they do advertise unlimited cloud storage, they don't advertise fast cloud storage.

I think I already stated this above, the issue is known since 2017, at least to the customers, and it comes up basically daily on the support hub, I don't know how they can't fix this (I guess they don't want to) 

Highlighted
Hiker

Well my 4GB took 14 hours for the blue uploader line to reach the end (that was 6.5 hours ago).The file itself is still not actualy on the cloud, so i stand by my previous post, not a chance in hell of my large fiels ever getting to the cloud.