Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Very slow uploads to GoPro Plus Cloud and then a message to say the media already exists.

I have the same issues....took 2 attempts and over 5 hours for less than 2gb of video and photos and then at the end it tells me it fails!!

Its been a nightmare to work with. Making me reconsider continuing with my trial.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Betreff: Very slow uploads to GoPro Plus Cloud and then a message to say the media already exists.

So some insight, uploading/downloading from my MacBook is a complete desaster, tried several browsers.
On my Windows PC on the other hand i was able to download 40gb in about an hour or so. 
Maybe this helps someone somehow?!

Highlighted
Hiker

Betreff: Very slow uploads to GoPro Plus Cloud and then a message to say the media already exists.

[ Edited ]

Id be so lucky as to get that much up to the cloud to start with.

Also had a bit of an insight last night. I used a VPM, set for New york (im in London, UK), ad the upload speed was faster. 4GB took about 6 hours. Terribly slow, but up on the previous 14+ hours. It still failed at the end, but this was the first time ive got as far as getting a failed error notice.

So, still not usable, but it does seem to indicate that its a location issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

I start to think this is by design - advertised as no limit storage. But there is the a catch.... if you manage to upload.

Highlighted
Hiker

I've been in talks with GP engineers and they are working on this. I can now upload much, much faster.

The issue now is once the files get there they quite often disappear. Black window with a spinning icon for ages, and then the file disappears.

Ive also got two alerts that say ive tired to upload duplicate files. Well yeah, because the first time they disappeared. They certainly arent on the cloud.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

@agilebeach15350  What do you have to do to upload much faster?

Highlighted
Hiker

I didn't do anything at my end, but GP did some behind the scene tweaks at their end and improved this to the point that it's now usable.  Seems to be the way traffic was getting sent over the internet. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Very slow uploads to GoPro Plus Cloud and then a message to say the media already exists.

I feel you pain! The GoPro cloud is completely ridiculous. I back up all my photos to other services where I can even use a sync program to make sure all files match my externals. Why GoPro's cloud has so many issues - slow, the 'file already exists' issue, and just freezing and doing nothing, is beyond ridiculous, In today's time where cloud service is the norm this is absolutely insane. Also on the manual upload it only lets you select files???

I called customer service. He pretty much just read me answers straight from the web site. Never really seemed to understand my real issue. I even brought up the fact that all my videos are organized by camera and events in folders. And selecting individual files would take forever. His solution was for me to dump every video I have taken and put it in one folder. I find this hilarious because the uploads freeze already just uploading ten to twenty files.

I would even pay more money to have a better / easier cloud service. Google drive is great for storage but I would like to have a second backup spot and I like being able to see the videos easily in the app.

GoPro! Listen to your customers and fix this! Or else quit selling it like it is such an awesome feature.