Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Hiker

Upload to cloud

So I am trying to upload my videos to the cloud by dragging and dropping them into the media library on my computer and it is saying the media is already in my library but it is not. How do I fix this?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Upload to cloud

@sagesk8ter, are you able to see the contents when logged in to https://gopro.com/login via the computer's web browser? How about when accessed through your mobile device's browser?

Browse through the cloud Media Library and check if the contents are just dated incorrectly.

If the contents aren't showing up on the GoPro App only, sign out from the app and log back in using your GoPro user account that's associated with your PLUS subscription. Sign out from the app. Clear cache on the app (phone) settings (just clear cache and not clear data) & restart your phone. Then sign in again on the app.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @aenriquez 

I am able to see them on the app because I have it downloaded but it is not in the cloud. I tried to sign out and back in but it is still not there. Is there a way to upload it from the app to the cloud? 

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

@sagesk8ter, check if Mobile Upload is enabled in the GoPro App (Settings > My Account > GoPro Plus). It runs automatically in the background, and the process will pause and resume as your connection availability varies, until all files are safely uploaded. When you’re in range, the thumbnails on the Media tab will start displaying icons, showing the status of your upload.  

• CLOCK - Item is queued for upload 

• CLOUD+UP - Item uploading 

• CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed 

• EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading  

Successful uploads will briefly display a checkmark. If an item fails to upload, it will be marked with an error icon, and we’ll try the upload again when your device is in range. 

Upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your device has a stable Wi-Fi connection.  

Note: To begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a content contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB available storage to start uploading. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @aenriquez 

So to start the upload all I have to do is connect to my camera with my phone and have mobile upload on?

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

@sagesk8ter, not necessarily. You'll have to download the media files into the GoPro App on your mobile device. The GoPro camera doesn't need to be connected to the app in order for the Mobile Upload to run -- it'll upload the media files that are currently saved in the app.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @aenriquez 

On my app, it says that but it has said that for the past few days now and is still not in the cloud. Is there a way to manually upload them through the app?

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

There is no way to manually upload files through the GoPro App, @sagesk8ter. Looking at the media that you have in the GoPro App under the APP tab, do you see any icon on them? These icons are described here

Please note that to begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a video contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB of available storage to start uploading. Is this met? 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!