Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist

The media you're uploading already exists in your media library

I am trying to upload a video to my cloud storage.  Gopro 8 is attached to my laptop via usb.  I keep getting the error "The media you're uploading already exists in your media library."  But it is not in my video library.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library

Hello, @sunnyapex545. How did you check for your media in the PLUS library? Is it through plus.gopro.com? Could the media have been uploaded through Auto Upload (with the camera as a hub) or Mobile Upload through the GoPro App? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, plus.gopro.com.

I doubt the auto upload or app upload did anything, as I am very disappointed that after many wasted hours trying to get either of these options to work reliably I gave up.  But I guess it is possible that this is one of the few times it worked.  

Why wouldnt I be able to see that the video is there?

Highlighted
Tourist

Also, is it a known issue that drag and drop to upload videos does not work on Chrome?  Or is it just me.

Highlighted
GoPro

@sunnyapex545. I just tried the drag and drop function in adding media to PLUS in Chrome and it worked. Also, the video that I added via drag and drop shows up in the media library. I was able to do a playback, too. 

Is the issue you observed happening to all media that you upload via web? Say you choose a media to upload, do you get the little window that shows upload progress? It may take some time for the media to appear in the library but they should not be too long. Could the file size be a factor? 

See if the media may be under a different timeline in the library. We have received reports from a few users that media are sometimes incorrectly dated when saved to the app or a different device. 

Highlighted
Tourist

The drag and drop upload issue:  I get an error immediately when i drag the file over.  The error is something to the effect that drag and drop only works in Chrome (and some other browsers) 

I was using Chrome.  WELL, i just went to take a screen shot to show you the error, and of course it worked.  so i guess this is solved for the moment.

Time issue:  I had saved the video from the GoPro to my local computer via usb connection.  Would this match the known issue you mentioned?

I checked my media on the plus.gopro site, to see if the automatic upload from the camera or the app had saved the media from earlier.  That media is still not showing in my media file.  I again tried to upload it and got the below error.

"The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

a few seconds ago"
Highlighted
GoPro

Apologies for the delayed response, @sunnyapex545. Are you still observing the same issue with the media that you are trying to upload to PLUS? Does it still not upload and show that it already exists?