Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

Hi,

So is there now a solution for this or what?

It's very annoying, I'm also unable to get the file visible in the cloud. But is says the file already exists.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Highlighted
Hiker

Unfortunately, despite the fact that many customers complain about this problem, gopro continues to wonder and treats us as if it were our problem and as if we were all stupid. I suggest firing the people who manage the cloud before losing all the customers.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi @epicboost16310 i used to have the same issue. Some files are uploaded, others don't. If i repeat the upload I get the message that file already exists. Could you please check the MP4 files GH10033, GH010035, GH010036. GH010037, GH010040 dated 24-6-2020 and the files , GH010050, GH010051, GH010052 dated 07-06-2020?

Highlighted
Tourist

Considering you posted this in April, and it is now June 14, 2020 and nobody has gotten an answer, I think we all should drop our subscriptions to GoPro Plus until they fix their crap.  All they do is ask questions, you answer the questions, they give something to try (on your end) and it fails again and again and again and again and again, no matter what you try.  How much waisted time have all these people waisted on this issue?  $50 worth?

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here, I see people having this same issue with no resolve for more than 2 months.  GoPro is not working on a solution, they are just waisting everyone's time.  Maybe if everyone drops their subscription maybe they will actually fix their end.

Highlighted
Hiker

In fact, in these days I will make a contract with another cloud and cancel the gopro + subscription

Highlighted
Tourist

I was told by support to turn off my autoupload and wait 24 hours, and try again.

After more than 24 hours I tried a manual upload from my camera, and it went through the motions, and uploaded other new videos, but the one failed again with same Media already exists in your library.  I then this morning tried to turn on AutoUpload on my camera, and it uploaded the file, it now shows as a black window with a spinning blue circle, (this was what it originally did, and I waited a day, and it still was unviewable, then I deleted it from my library and received the dreaded message everytime Media already exists in your Library, over and over and over again no matter what I tried).  Now it shows black with spinning circle..... I will let it sit again and wait to see if it ever becomes viewable.  I will try to contact support again via chat, but I can't find how I got there this time.... more coffee needed.

Highlighted
Tourist

It finally worked.  Had to turn off Autoupdate on the camera, wait a day, then turn it on again.

It showed up in my Library but was black with spinning blue circle, checked back after an hour or so and it is now in my Library and viewable.