Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: The media on my app won't upload to the cloud

@wn737, the upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your device has a stable Wi-Fi connection. Did the icons on the app tab display a "cloud with a clock" symbol? Or did it show an exclamation mark instead?

Highlighted
Tourist

I find it interesting that most of us seem to have the same issue. In my case I use a Max with an IPad. We all have movies in the GoProApp which we do not have on the camera sdcard any more or (in my case) we have rendered them in the App whilst not being connected to the net (I was on a plane). These movies do not get uploaded.  I just recognised that the upload worked in the beginning without any problems. So Max connected, movies uploaded into app from camera then, when connected to WiFI files were uploaded - all fine. Then I worked offline on movies which were in the App and rendered these movies. They were safed as new files in the GoProApp. All these new movies were then not uploaded into the Cloud after I reconnected to the Wifi. As I am now at home I started again on the Ipdad to work on existing movies (now with WiFi connection) and after rendering them they were immediately stored in the cloud.

My conclusion: whenever you open or work on movies before they are uploaded in the cloud, they do not get uploaded anymore. I tried already everything: restarted auto-upload, closed app, disconnected from the account and everything else that has been described but it did not force the upload of these existing files into the cloud - which is I have to admit - really annoying. The only way seems to be to drag the files into the gallery app of the iphone and then upload it into the PC and from there back into the cloud. I think we all agree that this is not really a solution - it is in a best case a workaround. Jochen

Highlighted
Tourist

Exact same problem here too.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @adepthero1604 and @exr90. To verify, are you uploading via camera as a hub? Or using the auto upload function within the GoPro App? See methods of adding media to PLUS

Also, how do you check for media in your PLUS cloud? Is it through the Cloud tab in the GoPro App? Have you tried checking for media by logging in to GoPro.com?