Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: The media on my app won't upload to the cloud

Hello @samuraiji. I understand the concern. Yes, the media from the app has to be copied to the phone's local photo app/gallery to be detected by a computer.

Your GoPro app is set to automatically upload media to the cloud as described here, right? Do you notice any of the indicators below on the media that you have in the app? 

CLOCK - Item is queued for upload
CLOUD+UP - Item uploading
CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed
EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading 

Check also if your device meets this: To begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a QuikStory contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB available storage to start uploading.

Reference: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Plus-Mobile-Upload/ta-p/394342

Highlighted
Tourist

I've also been having issues uploading, sometimes new media is not found even though I have new recordings and therefore there is no upload. However, for new items that have uploaded I noticed the Android app was not showing them, I only just realised they were actually uploaded when checking through a browser on GoPro Plus. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Similar issues here. Auto upload not working through the app; process eventually hangs at some point. I moved my media to my iMac and have been trying to upload my videos manually for two days with limited success (one video uploaded). Other videos added hang at the end of the upload process repeatedly. It's very frustrating, obviously
Highlighted
Tourist

There is a problem you cannot upload large file currently from PC.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Plus/Cannot-Upload-Large-Files-to-GoPro-Plus/m-p/495419#/M1463

Maybe this problem is linked with ours.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here . I don’t want to upload my video manually as you guys keep recommending . I want the auto upload from the media app section to your cloud automatically without me doing anything . I set up everything to download to the cloud including using cell data in place of WiFi but it’s not happening . So before I cancel my plus subscription I need to know if your system works or not . If it doesn’t I don’t need your plus subscription... again no manual download using a computer just automatic download from app to cloud
Highlighted
GoPro

@wn737, though the process should automatically start when your phone is within Wi-Fi range, try the following accordingly to force restart the upload process: 

1. Make sure that you're connected to the Wi-Fi network. 
  2. Disable Mobile Upload and Celular Upload (if enabled) in the app. Settings > GoPro Plus > Mobile Upload 
  3. Completely force close out of the app (from the Home screen, swipe up on the app's preview to close the app). 
  4. Re-open the GoPro App. 
  5. Enable Mobile Upload. 

The items in the App tab will start to queue up for cloud upload. Successful uploads will briefly display a checkmark. If an item fails to upload, it will be marked with an error icon, and we’ll try the upload again when your device is in range. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Do you want that the GoPro itself uploads movies saved in sdcard automatically or the movies inside the App downloaded from GoPro?
Highlighted
Tourist

I selected both option the download automatically when the GoPro is charging and complete and the download into cloud of my video already manually downloaded from the SD card to the app, but for some reason it download only some but the majority don’t upload . I just tried to follow the instruction they sent on the previous message and nothing changes ... thanks