Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Nomad

So when I thought GoPro couldn't get any stupider, they outdid themselves

So for some reason, my camera decided to go back to January 1st, 2016. When I uploaded my 162 KM bike trip from my camera to my PC, it told me that the date was wrong but it updated it. Well, it fell to update the videos' timestamp so when I uploaded my videos to GroProPlus web site, the dates were, of course January 1st, 2016. Then I noticed there's an option in the GoProPlus web to set the date of the selected videos, cool!

The stupid thing here is, you can't changed more than one field at a time! When you change a second one, the other reverts to its original value! So I went from 2016 to 2020, then 1st to 26th (no videos on Jan 26 so there was no danger to mixed them with already present videos) then from January to June. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Can't they get anything completely right?!?

Oh, and why are the videos all out of orders and why can't they show the timestamps in the tiles instead of just the lenght? Who the hell thought that the lenght of a video was better than its timestamp??? I mean seriously, what are they drinking at GoPro to makes such stupid decisions???

/rant off

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: So when I thought GoPro couldn't get any stupider, they outdid themselves

totally agree. UI is far from good. File dates get mixed and sorted it seems that randomly, even SAME files on iPhone and iPad are under different dates. Then it gets sorted out .... some day randomly

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @sylvaing @borisv613

The incorrect date/time issue has been forwarded with the team in charge.

Can you help us with the following:

Camera and camera version, SD card

GoPro App/ Quik for Desktop version

Phone/ computer OS version

We appreciate your feedback and we are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm using gopro 6 with latest fw and recently had to put SanDisk V30 micro SD card in it, for auto-upload to start working. 

Latest versions of IpadOS on iPad pro 1st gen and iOs on my iphone X. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you @borisv613

We'll post back once new information is available. 

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

Sorry for the late reply.

Camera and camera version, SD card:  GoPro Hero 7 Black, OS 1.90. SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SD Card

GoPro App/ Quik for Desktop version: Desktop version 2.7.0.945

Phone/ computer OS version: Windows10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)

I do not use the phone App, just the Windows desktop app.

Highlighted
GoPro

This is noted, @sylvaing. Many thanks for the details that you provided.