Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Sightseer

Slow upload to cloud

Hi,

I've been trial testing the GoPro Plus subscription. Primarily, I want to use it for cloud storage (and backup) of photos and videos. I have been trying to upload 20 gb of material from my GoPro through my 10 Mbit upload internet connection and in about 1 hour it managed to upload about 500 Mb of files. Is this the speed that I should be expecting or is there something wrong? I am located in central Europe. 

Thank you for your answer!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Slow upload to cloud

[ Edited ]

Hi @vasjab65452

It can take quite a while to upload through Quik for Desktop, especially if you are uploading a large number of files to the cloud. For example, the initial sync with the cloud or a large upload could take hours, depending on how much content is being moved. After the first sync, we recommend importing consistently to Quik for Desktop to lessen the wait time. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

it's not about the number of files or the size of the files.

The App is uploading with around 3Mbps, which is not even 1MB/s. 

No matter the file size, the upload will take forever. 

(sitting on a 10Gbps connection here, so the issue is definitely the Quik app)

Highlighted
Sightseer

Well, that makes this cloud storage pretty useless. 

Highlighted
Tourist

yes that is very true.
also seems like GoPro isn't going to address this issue very soon, as people are complaining about this since 2017:
https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Gopro-plus-auto-upload-speeds/td-p/43648
also, the support doesn't seem to care