Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Tourist

Inconsistent Syncing to Cloud

I have the GP8 Black w/ the Plus subscription. I'm finding the following issues with the Cloud syncing:

• Android GP App (Media\Cloud tab), Website (plus.gopro.com) and Windows Quik all showing different amount of media.
    • There is a serious sync lag, a file deleted on the Android app from Cloud tab, will still show up on Website cloud. If a file is deleted from Cloud in one place, should completely disapear.
  • I have a gig up/down speed, with auto upload enabled on the GP device, yet larger files fail to upload giving a message to retry.
    • I have also tried clicking Manually which starts the process and then tells me no new media found, yet some of the media I see on the GP device I don't see in the cloud.
  • Time lapse videos do not play in any GP software, advising to download the file instead. It attemps to play the file on the GP device, but the videos just jitter and freeze up. It also glitches if you add it to a movie project.

I have read other's have tried to manully upload to the GP website, which I have not tried, it defiets the whole purpose of paying for a subscription that should auto upload.

Would really appreciate a response from a GP employee/mod. Thank you

Tourist

Re: Inconsistent Syncing to Cloud

I chatted with customer support who asked about my menory card and said it was not supported. I got out another card that matched the list of cards on the gopro site. Now the download seems to work.

Tourist

I got problem with syncing too
I have transferred all the pictures and movies to my iPhone, and now I tried to get everything to the cloud,not all movies are uploaded but the app says all files are uploaded.
Tried to upload manually from a computer but it says that the file already exists ??
Tourist

I duccessfully uploaded two 14 minute videos to GoPro Plus cloud from my phone. Sadly, it took forever, several hours. Given I expect to be making a lot of those kinds of videos on my trip this summer, that upload time is too slow. I'm not sure there is anything to do about that except put the SD in the computer and upload it there. 

Tourist

That's really insane. Again, it kind of kills the concept of on the go, "convenient", auto uploading. If we've manually off loading the sd card, I'm sure we can do it faster to G Drive or Dropbox. I'm hoping support can provide a bit more insight if these are bugs being worked on or if this is normal behaviour.