Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

If Files in SD Card is Deleted

[ Edited ]

If I delete my files in SD Card, will it be retained in GoPro Plus Media or it will be deleted as well?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: If Files in SD Card is Deleted

If you've uploaded your content to your PLUS account, it's treated like a separate copy that's stored on our servers. You can delete the original from your SD card, though it's always a good idea to save a backup to a hard drive or other storage device just in case if you can.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

In my experience, if I use Quick to upload the media to my Mac, then I delete the files on my GoPro (either automatically or manually), the files are retained on my Mac....and they start to upload to the cloud.

I have experienced where the auto delete feature does not work. That is, the files don't get deleted on my GoPro. This must be a bug but its not such a hassle to manually delete them.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

If you've uploaded your content to your PLUS account, it's treated like a separate copy that's stored on our servers. You can delete the original from your SD card, though it's always a good idea to save a backup to a hard drive or other storage device just in case if you can.