Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro plus file names

How I can get a file name from either gopro plus or gopro app on iphone? Besides downloading it to the device, of course. How I can search gopro plus with file name? It would greatly help me to investigate "duplicate media" issues. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro plus file names

Hello, @borisv613. The only filters that we have for media in the PLUS cloud are the following:

• In the GoPro App: Capture Date, Recent, File Size
  • In the Web (via plus.gopro.com): All Media, Recently Uploaded, Photos, Videos, Hilights, Edits, QuikStories

The cloud network also will not allow duplicate uploads - that is for the same exact file. Even if the file name will be changed, the file will not be uploaded to the cloud anymore if it has been uploaded before. 

What seems to be the issue though? How may we help? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi!
the issue is that I can't upload file to the cloud and get "duplicate media" error, yet I can't find the same file in the cloud. Just can't 

I get it for multiple files. Also is there a possibility to filter files by location they were taken, since in-camera GPS is awesome, so might be even more useful.

Thank you. 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

It would be a great addition to the filters, @borisv613. But filtering by location or GPS is not currently supported. 

How are you uploading your media to the cloud? Which of these methods are you using? By re-uploading we gather that the initial upload to the cloud failed. Were you using the same methods for the initial upload and the re-upload? 

How are you accessing your media? Is it through the GoPro app? If so, what do you get under the Cloud tab in the app? Are these files under the App tab?

If you haven't yet, please also check if the media can be found in the media library through plus.gopro.com. Depending on the file size and the stability of the network, it could take some time for the media to be synced in all platforms. When you log in to plus.gopro.com, please check if your files are there. There are two things to do:

• See if the media may have been incorrectly dated that they are under a different timeline, and
  • Filter media by Recently Uploaded and see if the files will appear

If you are using the GoPro app, we'd also like to know which phone you are using, the OS it is running on, and the version of the App that installed in the device. This will help us determine if there is any factor in the app that might be causing such an issue. 

If the files are not found even after these checks, please let us know the file names and we'll have a look at the system to see if they are there somewhere. Thanks!

We hope to hear back from you. Many thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

well, I'm TRYING to use iOs app to upload since my in-camera upload doesn't work (that's the whole different issue). The thing with the app is that it lists all my files there TWICE: one file is marked "waiting for upload" and the second one - not marked at all, whatever it means. Of course I can't wait for the files to be auto-uploaded, some files are from 3-4 YEARS old still haven't auto uploaded, so I save it to photos on device, sync with icloud, download to PC, and try to upload to gopro plus via web interface. Getting "duplicate media" issue. So there are 2 files in iOs gopro app, and one in photos, and one apparently in gopro cloud, the one I can't find to make sure it exists and remove media from the app and photos on the device. Here's the screenshot of the app in my iphone with video files being duplicated. To make it clear - there are thousands of files like that. 

IMG_7134.PNG
Highlighted
Hiker

why my previous message with explanations was removed?
Highlighted
GoPro

@borisv613. Was it posted on this same thread? We checked our Spam folder but we do not see any post that is filtered. Will you be able to post your response again? Many thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

I got your response, @borisv613. On the GoPro App on your phone, check if the Auto Offload feature is enabled. To do this, go to Settings, then Preferences, then Auto Offload. Disabling this will stop the app from automatically detecting and downloading new media when connected to your camera. See if this makes a difference on the duplicates. Thanks!