Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Hiker

Re: GoPro Plus Files Not Uploading

Hi there,
I tried signing out, force closing and signing back in. Still didn’t work.

How can you upload through the browser via a mobile device? I see no option to upload via my iPhone browser, even if I request the desktop site via safari.
Hiker

Should the OP's files just upload automatically without havin got jump thorough hops every time?

In GP land what does 'auto' mean, if not sign out of every device, re boot every device, clear all connections from every device, re set every device, re coronet every device, cross fingers you only have to do that once a day.

Hardly 'Auto' is it?

Tourist

Supporting agilebeach15350's comment.

I've bought a GoPro HERO 8 Black bundle with a 32GB card, which I have found is not enough to shoot more than a day's worth of vacation videos. This has forced me to download the files from the camera to my iPad/iPhone apps while on the go, but getting them out of the iPad/iPhone apps is an absolute nightmare. I have tried this for two trips and in both instances I have had the same problems as agilebeach15350's, of files not uploading reliabily to GoPro Plus. The "automatic" uploads are not reliable and there is no option to "manually" upload either. Sometimes the app marks a file as uploaded even though it hasn't, which means I have to compare every file on the app to the cloud prior to deleting it from the app.

GoPro Quick for the Mac has no option to download the videos from my iPad/iPhone, so one is stuck doing all sorts of workarounds to get their files out.

Hiker

So it's been 9 days since my initial post.  And I still have 3 videos that will not upload.  Seems like I'm SOL on this, I can tell you that I will not be paying GoPro for their "Plus" service, since it doesn't work properly.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I has to export several of the videos from the GoPro app to the iPad/iPhone Photos app, and then import to my iMac using its Image Capture app. Some 10 of ~100 videos just wouldn't upload to their cloud. I canceled my GoPro Plus subscription right after.

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. We got word from the team that an update has been implemented to fix the issue of not being able to upload large/chaptered files to the PLUS cloud. If you can, please test again to see if there is an improvement. Try testing using any of these methods

We would love to hear back from you. Let us know how it goes by posting back on this thread. Many thanks!

Hiker

No change.  I continue to have 3 files that simply will not upload to my GoPro Plus account. One is 4 minutes and 7 seconds, one is 20 seconds and one is 44 seconds.  So I wouldn't consider any of them "large".

GoPro

We appreciate the quick reply, @sunnyvista88256. Do those files share the same mode and resolution settings? Are those files chapters or individual files? How were you uploading them? Have you been able to test other methods? Thanks!