Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 black Heating up

I was messing around with the video and photo settings when my gopro started to get warm and I was just wondering whether it is supposed to be that way
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 black Heating up

@adroitwave46030, sorry for the delayed response. When using 2.7K and higher resolutions, and/or frame rates above 60fps, it is normal for the camera to become warm, but not too hot, and use more power when using these modes. Lack of airflow around the camera and using the camera with the GoPro App can also increase camera temperature and power consumption, and decrease camera recording time.

Additionally, it is essential to make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware and that a recommended SD card is used. There is a list of recommended cards here for your reference. If you are already using one, have updated the camera already, and are still experiencing the same issue, our Support team will be able to assist you further. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .