Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Tourist

GPS data not saving to the cloud

Hi there, my GoPro app updated a few days ago. I add gps data/stickers to my videos in the app before they upload to the cloud, but since the update they now lose the stickers once they appear on the cloud. All videos uploaded before the app updated kept the gps data on show. Is this now unable to be done, or is there anything I can do to enable the data to be saved again on the stored cloud media?

GoPro

Re: GPS data not saving to the cloud

Hi @morris81

Was this done through the desktop app or the mobile app?

Please make sure that the camera and the app used are both up to date.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hi there,

This was done via the mobile app, with the most recent camera and app updates in place. It was only after the app received an update that this became an issue. The app has subsequently had a further update, however this issue is still occurring.
Tourist

I’ve also just found out that it isn’t only the speedometer and gps path stickers that don’t appear on videos that have been saved to the cloud from the app. I raised the exposure on some recent videos as they were taken in low light conditions, saved the changes in the app, then once they were uploaded to the GoPro cloud, all changes had disappeared and the content had reverted back to its original state.

I’m now presuming that no editing changes I make and save in-app will stick once they’re uploaded to the cloud. The GoPro app has been updated twice in the last few days, but nothing has fixed this problem.

Any ideas?
GoPro

Hello @morris81

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

After adding stickers/editing the file, please make sure to save it as new file on the app.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej