Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Tourist

GOPROPlus was showing a 50% discount on the Media Mod. This was the only reason I joined.

I recently purchased a GOPRO Hero 8 and at the same time began a trial of the GOPRO Plus subscription service.  I was particularly interested in the 50% discount that this offered me on accessories.  Whilst within the trial period I reviewed the accessories page on the web site and it showed me that the Media Mod Kit for the Hero 8 was discounted by 50% ( It had the full price of £79.99 struck through and a revised price of £39.99 show alongside).  When I tried to purchase it, it said that the item was not yet available and would be released in December.  It promted me to enter my e-mail for early notification of its release. As I was interested in buying this item and as it appeared that as a GOPRO Plus member this item was included in the 50% discount available to GOPRO Plus members I decided that it would be worth purchasing the GOPRO Plus subscription at the end of the trial period.  This i did paying £49.99 on Nov 11 2019.  In January I decided to visit the web site as I had not received any notification that the item was available and thought that I would check online.  I noticed that the Media Mod Kit was now available but when I tried to purchase it, the web site did not apply any discount and was showing it as full price.  I then wen online to chat to a support agent who after some confusion confirmed that the media mod would be available at a 50% discount but as yet the web site was not reflecting this and was being worked upon.  I received a copy of this transcript. 

I now understand that you are denying that it was ever offered on the web site at a discounted price and are challenging the members who have raised this point to send you screen shots.  They quite rightly have said that it is not normal practise to screen shot web pages whilst browsing.

I believe I have been misled into purchasing the GoPRO Plus subscription.

Hiker

Re: GOPROPlus was showing a 50% discount on the Media Mod. This was the only reason I joined.

Its does say in the small print discount is not for mods and smart remote. Strange that they got you hooked then changed the rules . I think BBC watchdog should get involved with this
Tourist

Re: GOPROPlus was showing a 50% discount on the Media Mod. This was the only reason I joined.

Since the Media Mod Kit became available and discovering that the discount had been removed I visited the Terms and Condition that I had agreed to and noted that it did state in the small print that the Mod Kits were excluded.  Whilst I accept I should have checked the T&Cs more carefully, they should accept some liablity for showing the Medi Mod Kit with a discount applied.  I agree BBC Watchdog might be a good avenue to see if they are interested in taking up the battle that thus far GOPRO customer service have avoided providing an acknowledgement that a mistake has been made.

Tourist

There are a number of issues with the GoPro Plus deal that people are finding frustrating. I think as a company they need to look at it. Try buying batteries in the UK! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux4CJtU02ms&t=12s