Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Files won’t upload to cloud

I already tried that as stated above
Highlighted
GoPro

The files that seem to stuck appear to be larger than the ones you already have in the cloud. I see that you have one upload going up through the desktop. I reset the uploads you had directly from the camera. When you get a chance can you try uploading one of them through the web uploader ? I'll DM you the name of the file. I'm trying to see if there is a problem with larger files from your network and figure out a way to help with that.

Highlighted
Hiker

Ya I gave up trying to upload wirelessly. I’m at work right now but when I get home I’ll do that
Highlighted
GoPro

We'll try and get Camera as a Hub to work too once we identify the problem :-) 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same problems. This whole upload business is complete rubbish!

I cannot simply upload vidos from my Hero 8 to the cloud. Why is that so hard to do? It's only plain video files. I just want to connect my Hero 8 to my router (whilst connected to power) and leave it to upload. ..... It just does not work!

This aspect of the Hero 8 and GoPro arrangement is terrible. The Hero 8 takes great videos, but getting them onto a computer or to a cloud is ner impossible! ..... I am beginning to hate it! ..... and I regret paying for the GoPro PLUS subscription. It is useless!!

Hoefully someone at GoPro can sort this crap out. It is ridiculous!   

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @antmills

What happens when you connect the camera to a wall charger?

Do you get the prompt that the upload is in progress?

Just to help isolate the issue, would you mind testing if you can upload a file manually?

Please refer to gopro.com/login

Access My Media then add a file.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Right?! How hard is it to have the pics and videos go directly to the cloud. But no instead I have to take up space on my device and upload them there first, if it actually works, then wait another 4 days for it to all transfer to the cloud. I can manually or automatically transfer, I finally got them to upload after plugging the hero8 into the computer onto to quik desktop and now they are finally transferring to the cloud.. but what a joke. Such a pain in the a$$ to do. If I can live stream off my GoPro you think they would be able to have them automatically save into the cloud with having to do all this other BS
Highlighted
Hiker

Well you have to have it plugged in to transfer otherwise you get a message saying it needs to be plugged in. This whole issues is because it’s plugged into the wall and trying to wirelessly transfer everything. I gave up and ended up downloading the quik desktop and uploaded the media onto there to get them into the cloud. But I would rather not have to go through the hassle of doing that and would be great if I could do it right off my phone as I don’t take my computer with me when I’m gone away on a trip. And would also be great if I didn’t have to add the files to my phone or tablet first, taking up space on my devices.