Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist

Delete locally but keep on cloud

Hi,

How do we delete content locally but not from the cloud? It's quite silly that we have delete from both locations. If the GoPro is connected to a power outlet is automatically uploads to the clouds, so if these videos are deleted on the GoPro and it's connected again would this also delete the previously uploaded videos?

The main reason I'm paying for GoPro plus is so videos can be uploaded to the cloud and I don't need to buy more storage space for my computer.

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Delete locally but keep on cloud

Hi @rameshjp,

It won't be deleted on your cloud storage. 

As long as you're deleting the content of your SD card and media on your phone's storage. 

Do not touch the GoPro PLUS (Cloud file). 

If you delete the file under cloud or PLUS then that will delete the file on your phone and cloud. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response. Sorry I should have mentioned I am using the Quik app. I download the videos/images to my laptop then let Quik upload to the Cloud however, if I delete local content on Quik it says it will delete Cloud content too which is a bit odd.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rameshjp

Deleting the file on Quik for desktop will also delete it from the cloud.

Deleting it from other platforms(ex. GoPro app - mobile) will not affect the copy on the cloud.

See When deleting media in Quik for desktop, does it move the file to the trash and delete it from the c... for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

That seems really inefficient. Is there a way around this?

Highlighted
GoPro

That's the only option we have for now @maxk161

If you have a request/ suggestion feel free to share it by visiting this website: https://gopro.com/feedback

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

So when you sold me “unlimited cloud storage”, you really sold me “cloud storage that matches the storage you have on your computer”.

What a rip off
Highlighted
Tourist

Am I understaing that is only because of the way the Quik software is programmed?

So if I delete the files from my hard drive, (Windows Explorer, etc) will the Quik software later "sync" and delete the files from the cloud too?

Should we be expecting a new release of the Quik software with an optional check box for where it be deleted from? Seems like a logical thing and simple to do.