Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist

Can't upload files from desktop to cloud

Hello, I have been recording & uploading 1080p videos and recently started having trouble with uploads to the cloud finishing.  All the clips that I've tried to upload, typically broken into 9-11 minute segments depending on how my gopro breaks them down, have been successful except for two videos recorded on two separate days.  I've had subsequent videos upload to cloud in between my problematic uploads.

The upload bar extends all the way to "100%" but it stalls at that point and an hr or so later I get a message that states "some of your files failed to/could not be uploaded correctly." 

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can't upload files from desktop to cloud

Note: I am currently trying to upload via connecting the gopro to my wireless network but it is unreasonably slow.. would love to find a solution to my problem above.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @nicholasp22330. Are the two videos referred to in your issue description chapters of a video, or a single, full video? Considering the videos that some of the videos have been uploaded to the Plus cloud, do you see whether the resolution settings used matter? We hope to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Tourist

The two videos show as one clip on the GoPro but are split up once imported to my computer via the GoPro app.  Either way after the upload stalls it never uploads any parts of the video, it's a complete failure.  I have successfully uploaded a few 2.7k videos and didn't experience failed uploads like this.  In the end, I was able to upload the videos via wifi connection but was hoping to find a resolution, if there is such.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @nicholasp22330. Chaptered files can be uploaded using Auto Upload with the camera as a Hub (what you did), or via Quik for desktop. That of the video not completely uploading and the cloud not allowing any further attempt to upload is odd. We will pass this along to the team for a closer look. We will provide an update through this thread. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @nicholasp22330. We got word from the team that a update has been implemented to fix the issue of not being able to upload large/chaptered files to the PLUS cloud. If you can, please test again to see if there is an improvement. Try testing using any of these methods. 

We would love to hear back from you. Let us know how it goes by posting back on this thread. Many thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I appreciate all of the updates and support on the issue!  At this time I believe the problem has been resolved.  I have uploaded large files on several occasions with no hang-ups.

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that, @nicholasp22330. Thank you for sharing your findings. Enjoy using your GoPro!