Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist

Brand new HERO 8 leaked while on vacation, can we exchange it at a shop here in Bonaire

[ Edited ]

We bought GoPro Plus and a new Hero 8 for this trip. 
Our brand new HERO 8 leaked/broke on a scuba dive while on vacation, can we exchange it at a shop here in Bonaire? 
We can't wait on shipping, etc.

Or plan B

Can we buy another here and then return the broken one when we get home for a refund?  We don't need two cameras.

This shop carries Hero 8, most other don't

Buddy Dive
6 ***************
+599 *******

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Brand new HERO 8 leaked while on vacation, can we exchange it at a shop here in Bonaire

Hi @zippyskippy

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
Please submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Brand new HERO 8 leaked while on vacation, can we exchange it at a shop here in Bonaire

Thank you... this post was a last resort actually.  I've already filled out the form and sent an email, but I didn't get a reply or a confirmation email.  Can you please forward with urgency.

Also, I called the 800 customer service number and it only refers me back to this site.  Very annoying.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ej,

I recently discovered why the form for chat/return call fails... it says at the top of the page and out of view

Invalid Captcha. Please retry.

I'm using Chrome.    There's no manual Captcha on the page.  I'm a developer.  ... and so, your 800 number sends me to your site.  You ignore my emails to support@gopro.com and your site won't allow me to create a ticket.  This forum is my only access to customer support.  

Please confirm

Highlighted
GoPro

@zippyskippy, we currently do not have active email support as it has long been discontinued. Our Support Team can be contacted through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

If you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried both on that form and the captcha continues to fail.

So, can you please get me a reply here and/or send me an email at zippyskippy@gmail.com

my SN C333 1324961624
Order # NA02063261
Order Placed: Nov 25, 2019

Here's the request again...

We bought GoPro Plus and a new Hero 8 for this trip. 

Our brand new HERO 8 leaked/broke on a scuba dive while on vacation, can we exchange it at a shop here in Bonaire?
We can't wait on shipping, etc.

Or plan B

Can we buy another here and then return the broken one when we get home for a refund?  We don't need two cameras.

This shop carries Hero 8, most other don't

Buddy Dive
6 Kaya Libertador Simon Bolivar, Kralendijk, Caribbean Netherlands
+599 717 5085

Sincerely,
Chad Steele

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @zippyskippy

Unfortunately we are not able to assist you with your concern here in the Support Hub.

I have just initiated a chat session to test and I was able to get through.

I was also able to log a callback request.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

That's funny.  I didn't presume it was broken for everybody.  I asked you to forward my request for me since for some reason it doesn't work for me here in Bonaire.

Will you do that please?